Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
scraper

The drip that comes back

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

scraper

I got the engine back in and looked at the water pump. Well it wobbled a bit. So I ordered a new one. Funny the old one had a wooden impeller. Anyway put all the new deals and I rings on. I figured that should stop the sepping  that I had. No. It's coming from the thermostat housing. So I pulled it off and the thermostat didn't slip down. So I looked at the new verses old O ring. The new one is a pinch smaller. So back out it comes then find one that is more fitting to stop the leak. Sometimes I wish the parts companies would not change things and feel all will be good as new. 

The last time I was doing my forks for the cb900 and got the wrong washer that sits atop the seal. Come to think of it the seal I just got for the front master brake was wrong too. Oh ya and the caliper seals for the front too. Which is said to have smaller piston than the back.

Bluthundr31

Did that last O-ring solve the problem of "leaking coolant from the thermostat"?  I hope it works great for you.

That sounds like too many "mistakes" from whatever vendor you're buying things from.  The big parts-houses are usually pretty good about getting you the correct parts, , ,stick with a reputable house for your parts needs.

scraper

I get most of the parts from Carolina parts but the name changed to someone else. Don't recall what it is. No it was the new one that is it i think is the problem. Thursday I put a pizza box under it and no drips. I want to get it outside and get it up to temp. Then hopefully it shows me what's seeping.

Strange my brother was saying the same about his truck. I had to say gremlins. Which I got to say I have too.

scraper

Found it. A small seep  in the 3in hose from thermostat to radiator. The clamp needed a little more tightening on the clamp. 

Then I got to go for a small ride to give it a bath. Soon the wind is going to blow 50_mph with a touch of rain.

• Like 1