Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
ommari

86 aspen sei " not starting "

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

ommari

Bike was running fine....

I change the temp sub-harness.

After putting everything back together...radiator etc. I placed the false tank on top, plugged it wires to computer and started the bike.. It started and i allowed it to run a few minutes.

I than tighten down the false tank, put the set back in place.

I pushed in the driveway. And it would not start.. Run switch was on " run "...gas was on.. Might i say i did here the fuel pump run,

All light came on...this is the best i can describe my issue.. I am a layman to bike repair.

Any help will be appriecated

Ron

Mountain Rider

Have the dog bone fuses been replaced?  These are the main circuit fuses by the battery.  Over time they become weak, so it doesn't take much of a bump to break them.  If they break, the bike won't start.  If you find they've broken, it's easy to install an inline spade fuse holder and 30 amp fuse in their place.  That's where I'd look first, as I had the same problem on my SEi.  Good luck and good riding.

ommari

Thanks for your reply mountain rider.. When i first bought the bike i was told about this fuse and the fact i would not find one on the road so i changed it over to a 30 amp fuse and carry spares..

roscoepc

Ron, that bike has 2, 30amp dogbone fuses, one on the starter solenoid and the other is an in-line fuse located behind and to the rear of the starter solenoid.... That one controls all the "Other" stuff that the SEi has like the CFI, Cruise, and such...

ommari

Thanks roscoe,

Wow ! Didn't know there were two ? Let me look for the other

And see if that maybe the problem. For my own FYI.. the one on the starter solenoid is the one located left side rear near the battery ??

But going on a search for the other. Will get back to you guys and thanks again ..

roscoepc

Yes!! Here's a pic of mine after I bypassed the Dogbone...

003_1024x768.jpg

roscoepc

Also, if you'll look, you can see the other red wire coming from the Hot side of the solenoid. I believe that leads to the 2nd, 30amp inline Dogbone fuse....

ommari

Mine is the same.. Just have to check this new location.

I will get back with later as the wife and i are heading out for the week end.

20190208_194539_HDR.jpg

Mountain Rider

Any progress?

terryj

Will the bike crank over and not start or is it like nothing when pushing the start button?  The reason I'm asking is sometimes the lockout switches get stuck and will cause the bike to not start.