Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
1boardrider

Seat Heat Amplifier

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

1boardrider

I just installed a seat heat amplifier on to my 2006 Goldwing. It is made by Electrical Connection for 2006-2017 facory heated seats. It was very easy to install and so far it is working GREAT!! Immediately could tel a huge difference in the time it took for the seat to heat up and in how warm it got. Driver and passenger! Bought it on Amazon and it didnt break the bank at all. Hardest thing about it was getting the seat back on. Just in case somebody was interested.

Seat heat Amplifier.jpg

• Like 2

pwhoever

I also have one on my 1800. One other neat thing is it gives a little more slack when removing the seat and as a result, makes it easier to remove as well.

• Like 1

RogueWing936

I have been debating about these this winter, does the manufacture say anything re: shortening the life of the heater?? 

• Like 1

1boardrider

They do not. They do say that the amplifier does not make the heater any hotter, just quicker to get to highest setting. It works great! 

• Like 1

RogueWing936

Well I guess I have to try one... Thanks

• Like 1

pwhoever

The owner of Electrical Connections, Lewis Preston is very well known in the Goldwing accessory circles and produces high quality products that you will not have to worry about. The products are fully tested and will do what they say. If he is selling it, he stands behind it. https://electricalconnection.com/index.php/about/

• Like 1

pwhoever
(edited)
On 2/23/2019 at 8:51 AM, 1boardrider said:

They do not. They do say that the amplifier does not make the heater any hotter, just quicker to get to highest setting. It works great! 

It actually does help make seat warmer than stock. This idea came as a result of a homemade modification of adding resistors to the wiring to increase the heat as a result of many GL1800 riders complaining that the seats didnt get hot enough. The modification required the cutting of the factory wiring which caused concern of many. Lewis went and created this solution that does the exact same thing without having to cut any wiring. This was taken from his site:

"Easily increase the output of the OEM (not aftermarket) heated seat. Modifies the inputs into the ECM allowing a higher temperature to be achieved.
Simply unplug the seat, plug the amp in between, and done!
Does not allow the heaters to go beyond their normal capacity. Seat will not consume any additional power
."

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Like 1

RogueWing936
9 hours ago, pwhoever said:

It actually does help make seat warmer than stock. This idea came as a result of a homemade modification of adding resistors to the wiring to increase the heat as a result of many GL1800 riders complaining that the seats didnt get hot enough. The modification required the cutting of the factory wiring which caused concern of many. Lewis went and created this solution that does the exact same thing without having to cut any wiring. This was taken from his site:

"Easily increase the output of the OEM (not aftermarket) heated seat. Modifies the inputs into the ECM allowing a higher temperature to be achieved.
Simply unplug the seat, plug the amp in between, and done!
Does not allow the heaters to go beyond their normal capacity. Seat will not consume any additional power
."

Ok, so if I get one and I have an Ultimate seat (Aftermarket) Im assume all responsibility?? or it won't work with aftermarket seat?? 

pwhoever

That's a good question. Does it have the same connectors as the stock seat? I would imagine that if it does, it should work. It might not be a bad idea to reach out to Lewis and ask him. He would be the best person to ask.

1boardrider

I stand corrected— it does get hotter then. I just know that it works much quicker and much better. It was SUPER simple to install! Thanks to whoever made this gadget- it’s great! 

• Like 1

RogueWing936
32 minutes ago, pwhoever said:

That's a good question. Does it have the same connectors as the stock seat? I would imagine that if it does, it should work. It might not be a bad idea to reach out to Lewis and ask him. He would be the best person to ask.

The connections are the same, as for the heater its self I don't know???

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,