Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Andrew

Aspencade air shock problem

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Andrew

Hi - having a problem with my 1987 GL1200 Aspencade air shocks. Each morning, the gauge shows 2 bars (normal) for the front forks and 1 or 0 (very low) for the rear shocks. After I use the onboard compressor to pump up the rear shocks to within the normal range, the gauge shows a similar reading (very high) for the front forks. Then the next morning, the pressure has again been lost in the rear shocks and the front forks are normal. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? Cheers, Andrew

roscoepc

Andrew, I'm thinking my '85 Ltd Ed must be a bit different than your '87 Aspy in that mine reads in PSI, not bars, also I can auto level the front and rear and air either up independent of one another..

That said, It sounds like there's a leak in the rear system. I would get some bubble solution from the toy store or make some with some dishwashing soap and start checking the lines/connections/shocks for leaks with the shocks fully aired...

That'll get you started...

• Like 1

Andrew

Thanks Don - I'll try that. My bike is also designed for the front and rear systems to be adjusted independently using a switch, but for some reason pumping up the rear suspension is affecting the front also.  Cheers ,Andrew

roscoepc

Ok, Taking this a step further, since it sounds like both the front AND back are leaking down and airing up at the same time, I would look for the solenoid valve body the does the switching from to rear. I sounds like it's a bit stuck! One other thing is you might wanna pull the compressor to check the inlet filter for the foam filter inside degrading and also dry the desiccant….

• Like 1

Andrew

Thanks Don - I'll give that a go and see what's going on. The system hasn't been looked at for at least ten years, so could well be a stuck or leaking valve! Cheers, Andrew