Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
OnaWingandaPrayer

NASR 12 North American Summer Annual Meet n Greet

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

OnaWingandaPrayer

INFORMATION , For those interested in this Summer meet n greet . 

North American Summer Annual Meet 'n Greet aka NASR 12

News break!!!
As of today, the Official Host Forum has reverted back here to the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.

North American Summer Annual Meet 'n Greet

aka NASR 12
June 18th, 19th and 20th 2019

Your NASR 12 Hosts: Galaxyhunter ( Carl Roland); Pwhoever (Mike Kane) ; Parman (Don Kelly) 
Supporting staff: erwjww ( Jack White) Beth (Beth White) Yougnbald ( Mark Graft)

MOTEL INFORMATION
Grant Hills Motel 9372 US 20 West, Galena, IL 61036 
(815) 777-2116 
https://www.granthills.com/

The Motel has 34 rooms & will hold all rooms until 90 day before this event. Rooms 2-25 are on the front side of the motel & have door front parking. Rooms 26-35 are on the backside w/out the door front parking but these room face where the tent / activities will take place. The pool is near room 25. 

Double Queen beds, rooms 2-9 $79.00 + tax 
Double twin beds, rooms 10-15, 18-26, 28-35 $79.00 + tax 
Triple twin beds, rooms 16,17, 27 $89.00 + tax

Contact person: Terri
Her work hours are: Mon, Wed, Sat: 7am-1pm and Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sun: All day.
NOTE: when calling to make your reservations please use “NASR” as the event name.
========================================
Palace Campgrounds
11357 US Hwy. 20 West, Galena, IL 61036
Telephone: (815) 777-2466
==================================
We also have a Facebook presence at https://www.facebook.com/events/209167053083150/

IF, you use Facebook.... Please go there and post that you are going to attend.
This will increase the chances of your friends also getting alerted to this Meet 'n Greet.
We all miss our friends who have dropped out of the forum, and have not attended recent summer meet 'n greets with us.
As this is a major change of forum hosts, the previous thread here has been hidden.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2091...tab=discussion

Steed

Thanks for the re-post Mike.            I'm still a "Shooter", but not on this forum...

Snorebabe

Thanks for the info, Mike !!!

OnaWingandaPrayer

Happy to help.

lopeha

Thanks for posting the info Mike!  I will be following this thread to keep up to date on things.

lopeha

Some are wondering why the move back to GoldWing Facts was made.  Several long time members and attendees were concerned as to the dwindling attendance. When these concerns were brought forth options were looked at.  The GoldWing Facts website has a much larger viewership along with a larger amount of daily visitors so it is hoped that more folks will see the info & hopefully we would have larger turnouts. The folks at NAGF have done a good job the past few years handling the event posts, store & attendance lists & for for that we are all grateful.  Now we are pushing ahead to make this years NASR at Galena, IL a great success.

roscoepc
18 hours ago, lopeha said:

Some are wondering why the move back to GoldWing Facts was made.  Several long time members and attendees were concerned as to the dwindling attendance. When these concerns were brought forth options were looked at.  The GoldWing Facts website has a much larger viewership along with a larger amount of daily visitors so it is hoped that more folks will see the info & hopefully we would have larger turnouts. The folks at NAGF have done a good job the past few years handling the event posts, store & attendance lists & for for that we are all grateful.  Now we are pushing ahead to make this years NASR at Galena, IL a great success.

Really?? According to the attached Goldwing Facts thread it was taken back to boost forum activity there??? AZgl1800 said Quote: "The current coordinators, have been working with a major group of interested attendees, and over the last 3 weeks have been using Facebook Messenger to converse on this issue."

Again,, REALLY????? "The current coordinators, have been working with a major group of interested attendees" Why couldn't they just sign up to go to the event????

Since yer sending two different messages here, some Truthful Answers as to what's REALLY going on would be welcome.....

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/15-verticalscope-forum-support-help-goldwingfacts-com/665995-time-write-obit-site.html

Galaxyhunter
13 minutes ago, roscoepc said:

Really?? According to the attached Goldwing Facts thread it was taken back to boost forum activity there??? AZgl1800 said Quote: "The current coordinators, have been working with a major group of interested attendees, and over the last 3 weeks have been using Facebook Messenger to converse on this issue."

Again,, REALLY????? "The current coordinators, have been working with a major group of interested attendees" Why couldn't they just sign up to go to the event????

Since yer sending two different messages here, some Truthful Answers as to what's REALLY going on would be welcome.....

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/15-verticalscope-forum-support-help-goldwingfacts-com/665995-time-write-obit-site.html

What coordinators are you referring to?  I'm the Coordinator (or the host) of this years NASR 12, & I have had nothing to do with moving to a different forum.

OnaWingandaPrayer

it seems there was some coordinating behind your back

• Like 1

roscoepc
28 minutes ago, Galaxyhunter said:

What coordinators are you referring to?  I'm the Coordinator (or the host) of this years NASR 12, & I have had nothing to do with moving to a different forum.

Go to page 4 of the link I've got in my post. The name of the thread is: "Is It Time To Write An Obit For The Site?" AZgl1800 is the one who stated "current coordinators" when he announced dropping this site in favor of there.. I'd ask him.. BTW I copied this post on the NASR 12 thread over at Goldwing facts.....

lopeha

RoscoePC what about my post did you not understand? I listed the reasons why the decision was made to move the event back under the GWF umbrella & Thanked the management of NAGF for their efforts the last few years. Thought I was writing clearly & concisely.

Halfling

I guess I got fired as an Event Coordinator...I had no part in nor ever received so much as an invite to attend any discussions...just saying. I don't mind the move but the way it was done was very questionable IMHO.

DougW

"Major group of attendees"...REALLY???

The only people who have attended more of these events than me are Bob and Anita.  No one contacted me for any input so I don't know what attendees are being referenced.

At this point it sounds like someone wanted to be the boss and just kind of snuck in the back door and stole control.

I thought this was supposed to be an event coordinated and shared over both sites, and IMO if we want more attendance we need to get more Goldwing related sites involved, not fewer.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Creekwalker

It is sad that the event is jumping to another forum.  It started with one, jumped to another and now it is going back. Just sounds like a few people got their feelings hurt.  This should just be about great people getting together, but sadly its not.  I know that my opinion doesn't mean that much and my input is not wanted or needed, so I will just say goodbye.  I will still show up to some gathering's, but it will be because I have made some great friends along the way, and they will let me know when and where. I'm done with the forums.   When I first started into the Goldwing family, I met some good people and became family with several of them.  The rest of the BS is not needed.  Admins, you can remove me from here if you want, I wont be back.  Truly darn sad turn of events for something that started out as a " FAN darn TASTIC" event.

OnaWingandaPrayer

I think some post here are printed in disappearing ink ?

Galaxyhunter

This is not a good situation.  I had nothing to do with this.  I just hope that after the event, I'm can find a chair when the music stops & not hung out to dry. 

No matter where or how you sign up, I will do my best not to miss anyone and that everybody will have an enjoyable time.  So come one - come all, see what Northwest Illinois has to offer.:jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 2

roscoepc
8 hours ago, Galaxyhunter said:

This is not a good situation.  I had nothing to do with this.  I just hope that after the event, I'm can find a chair when the music stops & not hung out to dry. 

Don't worry about it Carl! I'll get you a chair if ya need it!! Also, I can't go to this one due to how far away it is and other things that are tying me to the Homestead right now... We'll hook up one day though!!

Creekwalker
On 1/25/2019 at 5:40 PM, OnaWingandaPrayer said:

I think some post here are printed in disappearing ink ?

I think you're right. I just signed in to reply to your message to me, and yes, my post is gone, but not by my doing. Probably just a " glitch " 

• Confused 1

Galaxyhunter

Bump.   As of right now, we have 15 out of the 33 rooms reserved.  The manager said she would hold all the rooms up to 90 day before ( which is now).  So if you have not made reservations yet,  you might think about doing it soon.  I will be posting a link to order Meals & Shirts real soon.

Monkeytrucker

Carl, Estella says we are planning on being there but will probably duck in and out of Rockford where we will stay at our son's place.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,