Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Mountain Rider

Tornado in Washington

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider

A very rare event took place in the Bremerton / Port Orchard area earlier, a tornado.  Who'd have thought.  I have family in that area and I know we have members in that area as well.  A little prayer for all those folks would be great.  I know this is minor compared to the big events we see back East, but for me, this is personal.  

Mountain Rider

Just heard back from my cousin, everyone is OK.  It hit about 2 miles from my Aunts place and 4 miles  from my cousins place.  The worst part for that area was these are so rare, there was no warning, no alerts.  This just dropped on them.

OnaWingandaPrayer

Glad to hear they are OK .

I hope John and family are safe as well.

Prayers for those who were hurt or had damaged property.

Jluvs2dive

I haven't been on here much because of much busyness, so I just came across this.  It was pretty crazy that something like this would happen here.  With all of the obstacles that can stop a tornado here they are extremely rare and when they do happen there is usually very little damage because they don't have time to grow.  This was by far the largest one I've ever known of in this part of the state.  It was about 7 miles from my house so it didn't touch us.  The community came together with lots of volunteers stepping up to help.  That was so cool to see that there were so many that were willing to help those that had been affected by this.  It does the heart good to see this when the news is filled with mostly the opposite.  Thanks Mike for thinking of me Mike!  I did hear from a number of friends around the country.  The crazy thing is that I learned about it from a phone call from my sister in Pennsylvania.  I was out for my lunchtime walk in Gig Harbor when it hit.  There was only a slight breeze in Gig Harbor at the time, no indications of severe weather at all, and it's only about 15 miles from where the tornado was.

John 

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,