Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
roscoepc

The Kiss of Death.....

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

roscoepc

Ok.. I think I'm done with going to someone's house to help them with their '85 Ltd Ed's.... Why you might ask??

Because after I help them, within 3-6 month's, they ALLWAY'S sell them to upgrade to 1500's or 1800's!!!!!!!:blink::blink::blink:

And no.. It's not cuz I messed up on my repairs or gave them bad advise as to what was needed done next.... I think the bike got so dependable and ran so good that they said: "Hey!!! If THIS model runs THIS good a newer one has just GOT to be Great!!!!!" :59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM::59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM:

3 times now... 3 times...….. I'm to the point that if mine needs work I'm almost afraid to work on it!!!! :roflmao::roflmao:

• Haha 2

Mountain Rider

So that's how it happens.  I did a bunch of work on the Aspy last Winter, only to get the urge to upgrade to the 1800 this Summer....which I did.  :59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM:   My problem is now I have two Goldwings and can't find a new home for the Aspy…..yet.  :wink-sm:

• Haha 1

roscoepc

There are 4 year/model Goldwings that I personally consider "Classic's" and are very collectable:

The 1975 GL1000 for the obvious reason of it being the first year of Goldwing manufacture...

The 1984 Standard GL1200 for the reason of it being the last year of a "Naked" Goldwing being offered. Yes I'm aware of the Valkyrie in the 1500 and 1800 But, they were not a Goldwing Model as such IMHO....

The 1985 Limited Edition which was a kind of " How much stuff can we load onto this bike??" Model!! Totally state of the art motorcycle complete with Computerized Fuel Injection, all the electronics Honda could think of and a larger charging system to deal with the extra power needs and a production run of only about 5000 manufactured!!

And the 1986 Aspencade SEi. Which is basically  the same bike as the '85 Ltd Ed with a few changes. It's as collectable as the Ltd Ed because I believe that there were less manufactured of the SEi….

And this is why I like my ltd Ed.. It's not one of a kind but production wise,, It's close to it!!!! ;)

• Like 1

dwsonar

Just buy 'em and fix them up for yourself. You may have to build a bigger garage, but there are worse problems to have

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

roscoepc
2 hours ago, dwsonar said:

Just buy 'em and fix them up for yourself. You may have to build a bigger garage, but there are worse problems to have

Ya know you might be onto something!! After all, If my wife can have two yards full of cats I should be able to have one garage full of Goldwings!! One BIG garage!!!!!!!!! :roflmao::roflmao:

• Like 1