Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
terryj

Our ride from Billings to Medford

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

terryj

In August, Teresa and I delivered a 79 Blazer to her brother who lives in Billings, MT. We trailered the bike behind the Blazer and rode back on the Goldwing, great ride. We connected up with U.S. 12 north of Billings and rode west to Garrison, MT then I-90 into Missoula. Riding through Missoula was terrible, the traffic was awful. We rode to Lolo Hot Springs and spent the night there, soaked in the hot springs and had a good nights sleep. Then back on the bike in the morning headed west on U.S. 12 over Lolo Pass and into Idaho, man that is a beautiful ride. We rode U.S. 12 into Lewiston, ID then connected with WA-129/OR-3 into Enterprise, Oregon. The ride down WA-129 isn't interesting until you get past Anatone, WA and start up the Blue Mts. Once you get into Oregon you start down Rattlesnake Grade, which is a twisty section of hwy spanning about 15 miles. This was one section of hwy that I've wanted to ride for awhile, there are a lot of very nice riding in Northeast Oregon and this one was on my bucket list. We made it to Baker City and spent the night and headed out to Medford the next morning, it's about a 8 hr ride from Baker City to Medford through some beautiful country, took OR-7 through the Elkhorn Mts and connected up with U.S. 26 at Austin Junction, then west on 26 through the John Day Valley and over the Ochoco Mts into Prineville and on to Bend and south on U.S. 97 to Beaver Marsh and connected with U.S. 138 over the Cascades and into Medford. I was a great ride and it felt good to be home. I got to take two things off my bucket list, Lolo Pass and Rattlesnake Grade. 

Mountain Rider

Sounds like you guys had a nice ride.  I've never ridden Rattlesnake, but Lolo was beautiful when we rode it the end of August (other than a little road work).