Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Mountain Rider

Handle bar spacers, any real advantage?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider

I see the spacers available for raising the handle bars on the Goldwings.  The description says they'll raise the bars about one inch at the grips.  Would this really improve comfort while riding?  They're not that expensive, and for cheap, I guess giving them a try wouldn't be a total lose.  Has anyone used them?

MotorcyclingHam

I added some spacer/extenders that moved the handlebars back and up slightly. about two inches back and about an inch up ?? I was riding high miles at the time and I like it when riding 1 up.  Now I find my self riding with my wrists resting on the grips on open roads giving my hands relief from the stiffness of a  little arthritis in my hands.

I don't think I could do that on my "New to me" trike.

Army SFC Ret 52M40

Mountain Rider

I can so relate to the arthritis in the hands as that's where I'm at right now.  By the way, Thanks for your Service.  

tamathumper

Just finished a 7,500 mile round-trip from Upstate NY down to KY, over to CA and back.  I put a Utopia backrest on before I left, and many times I wished the bars were back about 1.5 inches so I could lean into the backrest and not feel like I was reaching just that little extra to hold on to the bars.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,