Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

Is it older or newer?

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Yesterday we turned in a detailed list of everything we dug out of the burned building.  We researched identification and values of each item using the WWW and EBay, Etsy, and companies that sell the items we found.  Well today the insurance guy wanted ages of each item.  Ticked us off.  A one year 1939 Plymouth hub cap is a a 1939 hub cap.  What do they need the age on that.  

So do you price a Rigid Receding die 1" t0 2" that is still in the catalog today as it was 50 years ago as 10 years old or 50 years old?  New or vintage?  I can guarantee they will start depreciation at 50% and increase on each item.  

They added cleaning up the site as a separate item.  40 yard dumpster they depreciated 50%.  I called my agent and asked him if someone put a 40 yard dumpster out here do I cut it in half lengthwise, crosswise, or diagonally.  Will my liability cover the dumpster owners lawsuit over a cut in half dumpster?  

The potty filter on this site will not allow me to type the words I have been mumbling about insurance companies.  Miss a payment and you are toast, have a claim and you are a depreciated customer.  Not one of them appreciates customers.  We have each item photographed where we dug it up and photographs of the computer screen when we found values.  I foresee a drawn out process. 

We are questioning if they will hold open the health of the big oak tree that had half of its leaves and limbs burned or burned off.  There are 2 smaller trees that are definitely burned toast and will leave pretty good sized holes that will need to be filled in.  Awaiting an excavator to give an estimate on that.  Estella had about 60 golf clubs burned up along with 4 golf bags.  A sports store put a fair value average on all of them.  I think this will be the last time we try to be fair with an insurance company.

• Sad 1

Galaxyhunter
13 hours ago, Monkeytrucker said:

--------  I think this will be the last time we try to be fair with an insurance company.

Oh yes, The cause & effect theory.  Insurance  companies try to shaft their customers & the customers try to swindle the insurance companies. 

The real question is, Which is the Chicken & which is the Egg?:confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

Monkeytrucker
15 minutes ago, Galaxyhunter said:

Oh yes, The cause & effect theory.  Insurance  companies try to shaft their customers & the customers try to swindle the insurance companies. 

The real question is, Which is the Chicken & which is the Egg?:confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

This is not the first time in the chicken house.  We know a few tricks that can legally bring depreciated stuff up to ACV (actual cash value)

Do I feel bad about playing the game?  Not one bit.

Now if we could come up with the Mega Millions winning ticket for the $1,600,000,000 drawing next week it would new Gold Wings for all regular posters on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Yay 2