Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Rider

RFTW, Run for the Wall

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider
(edited)

Has anyone done the"Run for the Wall" ride?  Leslie and I were reading about it last night, and decided at some point in the future, we're going to make that ride. Too many Veterans among our family and friends not to. 

Edited by Mountain Rider

terryj

I've been wanting to do the RFTW ride for years, it seems that everytime I get all ready for the ride something comes up and the ride is put on the back burner. Teresa and I did do the Tour of Honor ride a year ago, that was a lot of fun. Here is the link to their web site if anyone is interested. http://www.tourofhonor.com/

Mountain Rider

Terry, I've looked at doing the Tour of Honor here, a couple times.  May add that to my list of "must do's" for 2019.  We're kinda looking at RFTW in 2020 if all pans out.  We're doing maintenance and upgrades this Winter, and extending our riding range over the Summer, not to mention some maintenance and upgrades on me as well.  Hoping to get the back and knees fixed plus loose about 30 unneeded pounds.  The upside of doing that ride is Leslie has family in Ohio and Michigan, which we could visit on the return ride.  Of the remaining members of her family, I've only met one sister, so there are two other sisters and one brother I still need to meet.  

Monkeytrucker

A fellow firefighter friend who owns an American Myth and has ridden the RFTW and has the prerequisite loud pipes says he has to wear earplugs and still his hearing is out of whack for a week or so after riding in the noise.  He has been involved in handling parking at the Pentagon lot. 

As Parman says.  Loud is not safer, it just pisses people off.   I say they give motorcycling a bad name.  What did you say? Can't hear you because I just got off my myth.

terryj

Monkeytrucker, I have a friend that did the RFTW ride a couple of years ago, he said the same thing about the loud pipes. He said that after a day of riding with the group he had to bail out of the group and ride his own ride to D.C. because the noise was just to much. 

terryj
(edited)

Dave, We are going to do the Tour of Honor ride in 2019, we are going to try and do Oregon, Washington and Idaho. What I like about the ride is it's at your own pace, so we figure about 3 weeks for all three States. 

Edited by terryj

Mountain Rider

Depending on the locations in Idaho, if they leave them the same as this year, we can cover them in a couple days easy.  Doing a couple other states would be fun as well, Washington, Oregon, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming all have potential.