Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

Luck happened when we went to get a loan for furnace

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

We have to have a new furnace installed in the home.  With insurance settlements coming soon we needed to get a short term loan to cover the costs.  The banker turned us down.  Not because we could not get a loan but because the company that we had to do the job caused his computer and personal brain to put up many red flags.  Seems the guy gets the money and then fails to do the job correctly or finish the job.

So now we are back to square one.  The company that had always taken care of our heat & A/C did not get back to us from 6 weeks ago and the banker told us why, they got bought out and evidently the previous owners just did not turn over their customer lists and jobs list.  Then the rip off artist and luck was with us then.  Now we are on the long lists of a couple more companies.  Looks like we will be using some milk house heaters for this cold spell coming.

We spent Tuesday afternoon getting plants and trees that cannot stand cold back inside the house.  Now we have a jungle in the bed room, the 2nd bath room, and my room back here.  Being my room has floor to ceiling bay windows it gets the Hibiscus trees which are all on a pivot out 2' x 8' tray so Estella can get to the plants in the space in front of the windows.  One of the many spider plants that are in hanging pots has a resident in a hole in the water cup on a pot.  A small tree frog.  He kept looking out of the hole at us all afternoon.  Camera shy dude as every time Estella tried to get his photo he ducked back in.  The last several years we always get one or two of those tiny frogs coming in on some plant.  They stay with the plants and some times we hear them croaking for mates.

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

Glad to hear you got the heads up from the bank before the contractor got your $$$.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Got an estimate from a reputable dealer in the area (6 miles away) the banker recommended.  Got an estimate and immediately told him to do it. He was cheaper than the first guy who did not like it when I told him the bank said he was a noted crook.  Tough luck I told him.

We should get  the new furnace in about next Wednesday or so.  Funny thing it both Estella and I knew his grandfather and father.  They used to deliver gasoline for Texaco refinery here.

We have two of those milk house electric heaters rated at 1,500 watts.  It got down to 35 degrees last night and we had to get up twice to turn them down.  I had the one back in my office basically off and the one in the living room did rather well over heating 1,200 sq. ft. 

The tree frog has been named "George" for the movie "George of the Jungle".  He makes his appearance on the Hibiscus trees and probably is cutting down on any critters we did not want.  It is neat to move the hanging pot he has made his residence and watch him stick his head out to see what is happening.    

• Like 1