Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
pwhoever

Back home now and continuing to recover...

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

pwhoever

Instead of doing the PM thing, I decided to just create an update thread. So the surgery that I mentioned to a few folks here finally happened on Thur. It went well and also they were able to tackle the issue the way I wanted all along. The surgeons said it was a success and were able to do a repair instead of a replacement. Then last night, they said I was doing so well that they kicked me out of the hospital around 7:30. Fine by me because I could never get enough rest in the hospital visits anyway. The poking, prodding, check this, check that, injecting this medicine, take these pills, etc. at all hours of the day and night. The last thing you can do is rest. So I am now finally resting up at home an doing good. Dealing with some pain but nothing like I was forewarned about. I just gotta say that I am amazed in the surgical advances that have been made. So a little more than 72 hours after full blown major surgery and I was released to continue recovery at home... Feeling good and looking forward to several trips next year.

Along those lines, I was able to get Chuck and Buck together and now Chuck is a proud owner of a 2014 Aspen Classic that will compliment the colors of Chuck's Harley. This will open up a lot of choices on our future trips...

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Yay 1

NC Aspenwing

Glad to hear you are on the mend Mike, Get well and hope to

see you In Galena next year.

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Mike, I'm glad to hear you're doing well.  Take your time and heal right.  :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Steed

Sounds like you're on a roll Mike.  Thanks for the up-date, maybe see you again at Willville...

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

You are a lucky man Mike.  Talk going around the rumor mill says that  Heaven doesn't want you & Hell wont have you:SmileyTooth:      So it looks like you are going to grow to be an OLD MAN.   :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

mowerdoc

Glad all went well and you are on the mend

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Mike, sometimes I think us people are like Harley Davidsons.  We are constantly in need of parts repair and replacement.   At least now they have a bunch more replacement parts for the human machine.

Glad you escaped the hospital.

• Like 1

Parman

Well you got your annual hospital visit out of the way. You almost went a whole year. lol

Glad to hear everything went well with the surgery.

• Like 1

pwhoever

Thank you to everyone for the kind thoughts. This was hopefully the last major hurdle I will have for the foreseeable future. I really can't imagine anything else that could possibly come up. The rest of my retirement should be a cakewalk now...

I had been debating posting a photo and finally decided to do it. This is reversed as it was taken in the mirror. It is actually my right side. It could have been a lot more serious but I was lucky and they didnt have to go full blown on me. It has been painful but actually less so than it was played up to be. This photo shows the worst of it...20181009_150313.thumb.jpg.c5f5b7daffd4c0d9639caeaed2a1b068.jpg

youngnbald

Glad you're doing well.  Ride out retirement now.

• Like 1

AZgl1800

thanks for the update Mike, and anxious to see you again at the next summer rally, right in your back yard!

• Like 1