Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

Valuing pieces of your life.

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

We have taken many photos of things we have dug out of the remains of the building and have been trying to find replacement values on them for the insurance claim.  Thank goodness for EBay and other sites where you can find replacements and value of vintage items.  We are trying to be fair on pricing items and sometimes one finds treasures are worth almost nothing, i.e. a tin toy motorcycle cop wind up toy that we figured would be of high value and it only turned out to be $10.   Then when we dragged out the two cattle barn bug zappers we were floored to find them valued at $322 each.

Truck tires that were new that my FIL brought home when he closed his gasoline station, conservatively there were at least a dozen and some of them were still wrapped in paper like they used to do come to a total value of $3k.  My two 35 x 12.50 x 16.5 tires and wheels I had in there were at a value of $800.  Luckily enough of one tire was left that had the size still visible.  We pulled 11 wheels, most 3/4 ton 8 hole rims that had tires on them but were burned bare.  Estella's golf clubs she bought at sales in the Galena area with the idea of getting them resized to fit her came up at a $1,400 tag.  She had some clubs that were mediocre and some that are pricey.   Three pitch forks that at Lowes had a value of $150.

We were instructed to find the replacement value of every item down to nuts and bolts.  Going to have to weigh those buckets and even a wash tub of those that my FIL and I collected over 80 years.  Need a special bolt? All we had to do was go dump a bucket into another bucket and find that special one.

Actually it is saddening because you see things you valued when you put them in the building for later use that are reduced to junk.  Looks like we are going to have to get a lawyer to go after the motorcycle insurance company, a Statue of Liberty company, to cover the building and stuff that the motorcycle set on fire.  It appears that the motorcycle was at ground potential and the spark left it on its way to the plastic gasoline  container that was at a positive charged with static electricity potential.  Electrons travel from negative to positive so my argument is the mc provided the spark so it was guilty.

Moral is, photograph everything you have in your home, garage, out building, storage shed and etc. and put those photos in a safe place.  If we had only photographed this building we might have saved many questions we know the insurance adjuster is going to have.

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

I figure that if my garage burns down,  & you have already know what to do, I'll just have you deal with the insurance company.:SmileyTooth:

Monkeytrucker
1 hour ago, Galaxyhunter said:

I figure that if my garage burns down,  & you have already know what to do, I'll just have you deal with the insurance company.:SmileyTooth:

Will your zoning allow your telescope used to target 155 mm. rounds?  

BTW, we have an X placed out on a spot for you on April 7th, 2024.   Have it booked for 3 nights if needed.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,