Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Monkeytrucker

The devil made me do this!!!!!!!!

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

There is a Devil sitting on my shoulder who is making me do this

undefined

He thinks there is not enough activity on the forum so he thinks he should shake up and out those who take a look daily but have nothing to say or add.

undefined

It looks like he has enough fire power to do what he wants.

undefined

SO GET BUSY AND FIRE UP THE FORUM BY TICKLING YOUR KEYBOARD AND JOINING IN THE FUN.

SURELY SOMETHING INTERESTING HAPPENED IN YOUR WORLD TODAY.

• Like 1

roscoepc

No...….

• Sad 1

roscoepc

undefined

• Haha 1

Mysticfour

I should be picking up my new to me bike this evening 

• Yay 1

Bluthundr31

HAHA, , ,you "hooked" me with that title Gary!!!!  should've known , , , , ,you lil devil

My Beast is running great still, , ,tunes blasting, wind in my hair, and bugs in my teeth!!! That new(ish) HJC ISMaxII helmet with BT-S2 bluetooth has been flawless and very comfortable.

I've been in the process of locating the molds for the Firecreek ignition/accessory gauge panel that fits the GL1500's.  I'm waiting for a phone call from the guy who "acquired" the molds in a "horse-trade".  In the meantime, I'm using the panel I have to reverse-engineer a drawing of the panel in case the original molds are useless, , , or unavailable.

A member on a sister-site had one that was bought several years ago but never used, he offered it on the site and I sent a few "interested" folks a "heads-up" PM so they might get it.

Monkeytrucker
6 hours ago, Mysticfour said:

I should be picking up my new to me bike this evening 

Do not pick it up, you might hurt your back.  Just go drive it home.....  Could not pass that old joke up.  Glad you got your new one.  Make sure you get the rack to put that bike on the back of your 40' ft. motor home.  I was looking at site 13  and laughing about teasing you about having a big motor home but guess who drove up in a motor home that took a city block to park in.  Buckfarrack!  Looking thru the windshield at Rod and Donna they looked like two little old people sitting in their wide apart seats.  It was a neat rig.  

Monkeytrucker
3 hours ago, Bluthundr31 said:

HAHA, , ,you "hooked" me with that title Gary!!!!  should've known , , , , ,you lil devil

My Beast is running great still, , ,tunes blasting, wind in my hair, and bugs in my teeth!!! That new(ish) HJC ISMaxII helmet with BT-S2 bluetooth has been flawless and very comfortable.

I've been in the process of locating the molds for the Firecreek ignition/accessory gauge panel that fits the GL1500's.  I'm waiting for a phone call from the guy who "acquired" the molds in a "horse-trade".  In the meantime, I'm using the panel I have to reverse-engineer a drawing of the panel in case the original molds are useless, , , or unavailable.

A member on a sister-site had one that was bought several years ago but never used, he offered it on the site and I sent a few "interested" folks a "heads-up" PM so they might get it.

Hope you snag those molds before they become mouldy.  Glad you are collecting bugs in the teeth.  Reverse mold making today is getting easier with the multi axis laser measuring gear.  

I remember the story about the guy who was going to make Shelby Cobras in Czechoslovakia or Poland.  The ex military aircraft aluminum bending guys measured up an original Cobra.  The story goes they found the front fenders were not symmetrical in shape.  Might be a false story but it was in one of the car mags.  I think it might have been one of the companies that Shelby took to court.

3-D printing is replacing having to have molds.  Even GM is reported to be heavily invested in 3-D printing production parts for cars.

Mountain Rider

I said thank you and wished two people Happy Birthday...….does that count?  I'd hate to come up short.  :wink-sm:

Trip
(edited)

Well, I certainly understand the frustration in not having enough activity...... 

I'm leaving today on a 4 day trip to Eastern Oklahoma and Western Arkansas. We call it the Antlers Rally. A group of us do this every year on the first week of October. This year will be the 11th rally. I look forward to it, not just to see old friends (which I enjoy immensely), but to ride the roads of Eastern OK and Arkansas... Talimena Byway and many others. I really enjoy riding this part of the USA. It's close to home and I ride a mountainous region full of twisties. Here's a link to my trip report from last year.

http://www.rehilliard.net/antlers/antlers.htm

antlers_drone_001.jpg

antlers_004.jpg

antlers_013.jpg

Edited by Trip
  • Like 1

Mysticfour
17 hours ago, Monkeytrucker said:

Do not pick it up, you might hurt your back.  Just go drive it home.....  Could not pass that old joke up.  Glad you got your new one.  Make sure you get the rack to put that bike on the back of your 40' ft. motor home.  I was looking at site 13  and laughing about teasing you about having a big motor home but guess who drove up in a motor home that took a city block to park in.  Buckfarrack!  Looking thru the windshield at Rod and Donna they looked like two little old people sitting in their wide apart seats.  It was a neat rig.  

Thankfully I won't have to pick it up off the ground,  just off the center stand and side stand. Am enjoying the bike so much