Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Rider

Amber turn lights

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider

Does anyone have a source for them?  My front turn signals are clear with the Amber bulbs, but I'd rather have the Amber lenses. To me, they just look better. 

OnaWingandaPrayer

This has me confused. I just went out and checked, my 03 has amber lenses. I wonder if mine have been changed or a production change was made during the year.

Mountain Rider

I don't know Mike, I didn't get the feeling the PO was an accessorizer.  I've searched around the net, and all I find are clear, light grey, smoke, dark smoke, ect., but no regular amber lenses.

pwhoever

It should be an amber lens but is often changed if the light is upgraded to LED. Maybe post in this forum in classified as wanted to buy or over on gl1800riders.com. I would bet you could find a good used set from someone who upgraded. Brand new, they are a bit pricey in the mid $30 each.

Mountain Rider

I'd be good with new, even at that price, if I could just find them.  You make a good point, the classifieds would be a good start.

OnaWingandaPrayer

To be sure , you are talking about the front amber lens mounted in the mirror pod. I need to check a box of parts I bought from a wreck. I may have a set.

Mountain Rider

Those are the ones.  

OnaWingandaPrayer

No luck on my end :(  one broken mirror housing was among the fairing air ducts and other odd bits .

Mountain Rider

Hey, I appreciate the look. Thanks

terryj
(edited)

Have you tried Aliexpress? 

Yes, they ship from China, but doesn't everything these days. The price seems to be pretty good.

I ordered from Aliexpress a few time, never had a problem, just take awhile for the parts to arrive, about 2 weeks. 

Edited by terryj

terryj

I just looked on Aliexpress, they have a set of Amber Lens for 19.78 a set. 

It's kind of convoluted to navigate to the sight that is selling the lens. Aliexpress want to take me to their "flash deals". 

So if your interested here's how to get to the site:

Go to Aliexpress.com, in the top where it says "I'm shopping for type in GL1800 turn signal lens, this will take you to the page that shows the Amber lens, put your cursor on the item and in the lower left of the box will be Halfox Store click on that link, it will take you to their store. 

Once you are at their store, click on Products you will then see a box labeled Store Categories type in GL1800 turn signal lens, it will then bring up a selection of different color choices, select your Amber and place the order. 

Like I said, I've never had a problem with them. 

Mountain Rider

Thanks for the tip, Terry. That's a great price, and with the weather acting the way it is, waiting isn't an issue. 

terryj

Dave, Aliexpress has a lot of Gold Wing accessories at a reasonable price. I bought my LED driving lights from them, the cost was only 53.00 for the set. I've had them on the bike for about 4 years now, never had a issue with them and they have a lot of chrome accessories for the Gold Wing.

Mountain Rider

Terry, you're killing me!  I cruised through some of their stuff and they have way to much that I would like....and at good prices.  :59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM: