Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Tim Smith

Navi system miscalculations

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Tim Smith

My 2014 wing has a garmin gps system that miscalculates distance.  Seems to always take me where i want to go but display might say its 200 miles to a city i know to only be 70 miles away.  Doesnt take me 4 plus hours to get there.  Anybody else noticed this?  Didnt do it all the time until recently.  Makes me wonder if its really taking me the shortest route.  Thoughts or comments appreciated.

pwhoever

Are you using any avoidance? On my 07, if I select certain avoidances, the distance to the destination can greatly increase. There can be a great variance between distance as the crow flies and distance while traveling down the route calculated...

Another question, how current is the mapset on your Navi. If you have the stock mapset that came with the bike, it is several years old and might not take advantage of newer roads.

Tim Smith

Yes... i sometimes use highway avoidance... but i have gotten 198 miles to distance,  start over on input to same destination and get a more correct 78 mile caculation.  This happened last weekend.  Also checked on phone and got a more correct sounding 85 miles to same location using highway avoidance.  Have not updated the map chip.  Thjs has accured off an on since i got the bike new but appears to happen more often lately.