Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

Helicopters

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

I used to like to listen to them.  However since their landing pad is right outside my window here at the area trauma center they are keeping me awake!  Estella did not like me laying in the middle here kitchen floor so she called the pretty box with the pretty lights to haul me away.  Diagnosis, dehydrated. Funny, I had drench 8oz short of 1 gallon by then. We both had been digging thru the remains of the building when things went crazy.  Having a great lady around is pretty handy!

AZgl1800

I once had 6 liters of saline pumped into my veins, after falling over head first out of a Fire Truck that I was working on.

Tarmac temps were 157°F that day, the "appratus" had just returned from a callout, and the computer was DOA.

I was in the cab working on the computer when the "lights went out".

lucky for me, the driver "Engineer" was standing there at the door and caught me before I hit the concrete.

they asked me how much I had been drinking that day.... " dunno, every time i pass a water fountain I guess "

well, they said that would be my last Heat Stroke, the next one will kill me.

OnaWingandaPrayer

Gary, I hope your feeling better soon . 

Monkeytrucker

Well they have me seat belted to a chair so I can watch the helicopters come in and go.  One knows that someone is having a bad day.  

MD just came in, going home because Medicare will not pay for more than 1 day for being dehydrated. Great as i do not want to be sitting here with 4 separate fluid bottle  being pumped in.

You do not see your own me as the hospital hires a me group of hospitalised so doctors do not have to see patients in the hospital. The one who just came in was barely understandable.  I bet I have in here more than my Dr..

Maybe I can  con Estella to let me dig thru the ashes to find more forgotten 30s and 40s small hub caps that are now blued.

• Sad 1

Mountain Rider

Gary, you know you're only doing this so you can flirt with the nurses. I think Estella caught on and it wasn't dehydration, it was a skillet to the noggin. :SmileyTooth:

Get better, get home, drink lots of water, and take care. 

Monkeytrucker
4 hours ago, Mountain Rider said:

Gary, you know you're only doing this so you can flirt with the nurses. I think Estella caught on and it wasn't dehydration, it was a skillet to the noggin. :SmileyTooth:

Get better, get home, drink lots of water, and take care. 

Dave, you sound like you are an expert about nurses.  I still think I was not dehydrated as I had the same feelings the day before, just not as bad.  And that was inside the house.  The staff were great.  Blood sugar was low last night so then brought me cups of sherbet to get a rise.  Personally I think the problem is that danged Rat Poison.  Had been off of it for 2 days and still was JUST barely inside the top range.  Will take it easy till Tuesday and then back to the carbon pile.   I think it takes 3 nights in a hospital before you can sleep good.  

Medicare will pay for 2 days observation. Was in there for just under 22 hours but it was counted as 2 days.  Medicare rules are very strange.  Hope you younger guys will have it better.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,