Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
RIdgerunner

Clutch problem

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

RIdgerunner

Went to a little cook out, bonfire gathering last night and everything was great until we were heading home. Started my bike and the clutch felt a little different. It had a little free play and when I started to take off it engaged really quick and stalled. 

I put a new rear tire on that morning and went out and rode for about an hour to make sure all was good before I put my wife on it. Now out of nowhere I have this going on. Coincidence? Anyone got any ideas? 

Ghost Rider 2

try to bleed clutch cylinder.  Sounds like little air in system.

scubaj514

Might be time to rebuild the clutch slave cylinder, and the master cylinder. it's a easy job, parts are cheap. 

aperry

I was out on a ride and my clutch quit working on my way home.  Had to get home without a clutch.  Was not fun.   I had taken the handlebar off to install a riser and got air into the line.    I just bled the clutch and have had no more problems.   Try that before rebuilding.

pwhoever

If there is a little air in the line, a little trick to try is to grab a strap, pull in the clutch, and strap it to the grip overnight and that will solve that problem. What is the last time that the fluid was changed? If it's been awhile, it is quite possible that a flush and fill with new fluid will help fix it as well. And if it's been awhile on the clutch, I would guess the brake fluid is probably old as well and that should be flushed and filled as PM as well.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,