Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

Just how much luck can you get?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Last Sunday my bike blows up in my face but because I had all of my safety gear on I only got a burned face.  Monday I was in Vincennes so I figured maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.  I won $2, first winning lottery ticket in years.  Wednesday I found out the motorcycle insurance had a large personal property clause for damage to building and etc. .  Much more than the others.  So maybe the quote of $12,000 to replace the building will be close to getting done.  Still have to inventory the contents but the building insurance people say "do not touch it"   I know it will not happen but maybe the luck will cover things.  I know they will try to low ball the bike and accessories and depreciate the building a lot being it was probably over 100 years old.  Dimensional oak lumber and all still water proof.  The first adjuster on the building it the one we took to task and got much more than he was wanting to pay.  Only coughed up after I flooded their web page with bad reports every day.

Oh I forgot (like heck I did) today, Thursday the 23rd of August is our 54th wedding anniversary.  Another luck thing this week, as of 7:15 this evening we officially start on year #55.

• Like 2
  • Yay 1

Mountain Rider

Congrats to you and Estella!!!  Leslie and I only have 22 more to catch up to you. 

Tell your insurance folks that you need at least $13,000 for the bike. I've got a beautiful pearl yellow 06 trike setting just down the road. Just sayin'. :SmileyTooth:

Get better my friend. 

OnaWingandaPrayer

Congratulations Estella and Gary on 54 years. May the good times continue for ya'll.

tamathumper

Congratulations on your recent run of luck and on your longer run of marital continuity.

I've been married for 22 years, just not to the same woman.  Do I get credit for that?

Monkeytrucker
1 hour ago, tamathumper said:

Congratulations on your recent run of luck and on your longer run of marital continuity.

I've been married for 22 years, just not to the same woman.  Do I get credit for that?

As long as the second one does not object I would think you would get away with it.  

I keep trying to get mine to divorce me.  She would get a $400 increase a month in social (in)security.  Maybe blowing up her motorcycle and her building and etc. (BY WHAT WAS PROBABLY A STATIC SPARK FROM THE PLASTIC GAS CAN (in case some adjuster is on here)) will give her cause.  OH WELL, she is stuck with me.

We had a great day, We went to MDs this morning, went to look at the price of gas cans, I bought her five ,98 mums, got us a Subway 12" sub for lunch, came home and the home health lady came for her afternoon visit and brought us a nice cake.  We had some charcoal left over from our 50th anniversary so I grilled a 2 year old T-Bone I found in the bottom of the freezer.  GREAT DAY.

• Like 1

tamathumper

Best wishes to you both for many more great days.