Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Monkeytrucker

How much do we depend upon our significant others?

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker
(edited)

Well I know I have been depending on "The Bride" for the last week.  I have lost 8 lbs. in that time and for the last 2 days has been making me eat foods to stop the loss rate.  That makes 40 lbs since I got out of the hospital in the middle of June.  Think I need to have an extra skin sale.  Kind of fun showing off my new muscles by turning my arm over and when the skin hangs down it looks like big bicep muscles.

Sold one of my toys, a Fairbanks & Morse Z-118 stationary engine.  Well I think I sold it.  The buyer supposedly sent the money to my PayPal account.  Says he has been charged but I have not received it in my account.  He wants to have his freight company pick it up but it is not moving until I have $$ in my hand.  The money would be very helpful.  Still have a tractor to sell, some radio antennas and associated gear, 1942 military Fire Control 3 phase 110v generator, 1800 Gold Wing and what ever else I can find laying around.  We would like to be totally out of debt so social (in)security would cover our gas, water and electricity bills, insurance and the Co-Pays on medicines.  Estella's are not too bad as her supplemental insurance uses WalMart pharmacy but mine uses CVS and they stick it to you on prices.  Scary part is that some of the large number of idiots in DC want to cut social security.  I say to them, "give us the same insurance you get"

Just a rant from a tired old man who is worn out from mowing the grass.  Takes 4 hours to get done 100% but it is time that no one bothers me and it is time I can think about things.

Yes, I do depend upon Estella.  On the 23 of this month at 7:15 p.m. we will have completed 54 years of wedded bliss.  55 years and a few monthsfrom our first date and really caught my eye 56 years ago when she was a princess riding on a float in our towns 150 year celebration and 58 years from the first I saw her when I coasted into her father's Texaco station having just spun a rod bearing in my parents car trying to get to the bank 9 miles away and back during my lunch hour.  Her school was out for something and she was at her dad's station washing cars.  At the time I was madly in love with another who cheated on me within weeks of me going off to college and that ended that.  Saw Estella at her dad's station when I was hitch hiking home from college and while awaiting someone to take me the last 3 miles I asked her if she would like to go see a movie the next night.  It was West Side Story at the New Moon theater in Vincennes, IN.  A guy has to remember things like that.  We do have a discussion about what color her dress was....

Edited by Monkeytrucker
needed to add a bit.

Monkeytrucker

Guess no one depends on their other halves.  Well having my face burned I can guarantee you I depend upon my BRIDE to do the cleaning and application of Aquaphor.   Today both eyes are about swollen shut.  Still awaiting the motorcycle insurance people, and the building "cause inspector" the insurance company has coming.  I think if he does not agree that static electricity cause the explosion I will let him hold a gas can while I rub a cloth on the gas can to charge it and then let him touch some grounded object.

Facts

Bike had only started and went about 50' so one could have laid their hand on exhaust pipes

Bike was not running as you have to have the key in the gas door

Not a smoker so there were no matches or lighters on me and have not carried any of those in my life. 

No ignition sources such as furnace, water heater, burning objects anywhere anywhere within 3/4 mile

So the only possible reason it blew up in my face was a static discharge when the gas was flowing out of the can and then I lowered the can to rest on the metal funnel.  BTW, we still have not found the funnel.  Probably will find it when we are mowing.  Before we mow we have to go buy gas containers.  They will be plastic as that is the only choice.  We lost 8 of them.

youngnbald

Sorry to hear about the accident!  I haven't been on the forum in quite awhile.  A friend called and said you were involved in an accident.  Looking up post now to read up what the details are.  We do rely on our spouses and happy she is there for you.  I have a good one myself, but not sure who keeps who in check.  I never knew of you getting hot under the collar.  Get well and hope we see you soon. 

• Like 1

AZgl1800

I only have plastic jerry cans, no sparks.

Mysticfour

He had a plastic gas can, it's what he was using

Monkeytrucker

While depending heavily upon my wonderful wife of 54 years she can get to be a pain in the arse sometimes.  She has banned me from going out this Sunday morning while she is at church and putting gasoline into the ZTR mower.  Claims she does not want to come home and see fire trucks and an ambulance again.  

I MIGHT JUST DO IT TO SPITE HER!!!!!!

DougW

Getting Fire trucks and an ambulance out there just to spite her seems a bit extreme.