Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
OnaWingandaPrayer

SE Meet n Greet March 15-17 2019 Homosassa Springs Fl

19 posts in this topic Last Reply

OnaWingandaPrayer

Hear ye, hear ye announcing the 2019 South East  Meet n Greet

March 15-17th, 2019  Friday thru Sunday.  Homosassa Springs Fl.

The event hotel is 

Bella Oasis                                 www.bellaoasis.com

4076 S. Suncoast Blvd.

Homosassa Springs , Fl. 34446

For reservations call 352-628-4311 .  Brenda is the manager whom I set this up with.  Be sure to mention  North American Goldwings, SouthEast Meet n Greet and my name, Michael Herrmann.  They will try to keep our rooms in close proximity to each other.

If you trailer your bike (cage and trailer), you might mention that so they are aware of parking needs.

The room rate for Friday and Saturday night is 79.00 plus 11%tax. ( 87.69) You are welcome to arrive earlier. If you come earlier, weeknights are 69.00 plus tax. 

I have asked for 15 rooms at this time.

I was told reservations may be cancelled 24 hr in advance of your scheduled arrival date.

I hope to see all ya'll there.

• Like 2
  • Yay 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

OnaWingandaPrayer plans to be onsite Thursday evening 3-14-18 thru Sunday 3-17-18.

• Like 2

Flyone

Flyone will be there! Thanks OWP for setting this up! The NAGF SE M&G will be all over the SE and not just in one place.

If anyone has suggestions where they want to have it next year, let me know!

We are Florida bound for SE M&G 3!!!!

SE M&G 1 - Brunswick, GA

SE M&G 2 - Oxford, AL

SE M&G 3 - Homosassa Springs, FL

SE M&G 4 - ??????? (Bring your ideas!)

• Like 1

AZgl1800

I will be there, but I need an RV park for my Toy Hauler, my daughter and dogs will be with me.

we are going to tour a lot of places after the weekend is over.

Probably get a room for me, the daughter isn't much on rallies. she is a shopper though LOL

Snorebabe

Thanks Mike for setting this up.  We will see all in March !!!

roscoepc

Hmmm... I'll definitely have to keep this one in mind for a day trip on Saturday if nothing else!! ;)

Goldwings 4 Ever

Our reservations are made.:jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

• Like 1

Snorebabe

Made our reservations today !!!

• Like 1

AZgl1800

Is there a Facebook group for this event? did a search and can't seem to find anything  for it.

just the people we all know who are in the different groups...

how many folks are going to this event, the current postings are a bit slim.

OnaWingandaPrayer

John, I dont use facebook.  Others may be communicating about this on that program. So your correct . At this time only a few have booked rooms. A few others may be day trippers. 

Perhaps after the Ill. meet is over this moves to top billing and get more attention. At the moment its a little hot to be thinking about Fl. but March is generally nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Power Guy

If this is open to us commoners, we will be there. 

• Yay 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

Mark, it's open to all wishing to participate . Mostly a meet n greet .  I believe you were at  first SE meet n greet in Brunswick GA . This is the same type event.

Some folks may be travelling some distance and want Saturday to relax and visit . 

There is a FL state park (DAY PARK) located next to Bella Oasis motel, they have (wild) animals and a boat tour available.  In March the Manatee are likely to still be in the warmer waters for viewing.

I will have directions for a day trip to Don Garlits Drag Race Museum , about an hour away from Motel. the museum will allow you enter the museum , leave for lunch and return to finish your visit. IIRC there is a Sonny's BBQ next door. 

Another option is visit then take a short(30-40 minute) ride on a nice curvy road to lunch on Saturday . 

Hope to see you there.

AZgl1800

Don Garlits Drag Race Museum

I have had the pleasure to shake his hand... back in the '70s when he and my brother, Keith Craig, were on the same racing circuit...

My brother was an engine builder for the hot rod boys, and their go fast boats.....

he once had the "pleasure" of being catapulted out of a go fast boat at 100 mph or so??? I did not see it. but he told me that he skipped over the water a long time before coming to a stop.... can't remember what happened to the boat.  but it went flying, instead of boating... and flipped.

My brother won the Winston Winternationals in 1977 with a Alky rail dragster.

Flyone

AZ, there is no Facebook page for this event.

I’m not surprised this early that there is not many posting that they are coming, people need to get through the winter before they commit.

All the SE M&G’s have averaged 30 people so I’m not concerned......yet!

• Like 3

Goldwings 4 Ever
On 9/5/2018 at 12:15 PM, Flyone said:

AZ, there is no Facebook page for this event.

I’m not surprised this early that there is not many posting that they are coming, people need to get through the winter before they commit.

All the SE M&G’s have averaged 30 people so I’m not concerned......yet!

Never doubt our ability to have fun no matter how many or how few of us attend.:SmileyTooth:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Yay 1

Flyone

Went to the host motel this week with OWP and Tammy. 

The place is nice and looking forward to the event!

• Like 3

jobe05

Becca and I will be there!!  Haven't made reservations yet but you know we will be there.  Last 2 years the temps were in the mid 20's and we froze our butts off but it was well worth the trip.  Hopefully this year, we get a little warm spell in NC so the start of the trip will be easier.  If not, Becca now knows where her seat heater switch is.

Flyone

Putting up some pictures from the host motel when Mike, Tammy and I went to check it out. Can’t wait to see everybody in March! Nice large parking lot, lots of food around, even a bar and grill on property. Went ahead and made my reservations and looking forward to checking out the manatees and everything in the area! 

Thanks again Mike and Tammy for setting this up! It will be a great time with some great views of the Gulf of Mexico!!!

A4A822AF-A787-4B57-B220-FA6E9E9CE8B6.jpeg

4F10C9BF-9FCA-4B78-9A6C-C28DD6D0CEF1.jpeg

85AB747A-56A7-4E8B-B303-EB8D9E146A60.jpeg

C36DA03E-6672-4428-8400-E93E5F4F66DE.jpeg

8BABAD3F-6525-4D2E-B479-C11B0C1B16E0.jpeg

0F8EE563-4BE2-4598-9F7C-053C010D4FB8.jpeg

F9381537-41B7-44F5-9979-F8BD9AD8A9BB.jpeg

• Like 1

Creekwalker

Just made reservations.  As long as nothing changes with work, Connie and I will be there.  Probably going to trailer the bike down, and good chance we will leave out on Thursday evening, after Connie gets off work.  Hope it all works out and see yall then.

• Yay 1