Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Rebel Girl

1st Accident in 30 years

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

Rebel Girl

Well, after getting the 1985 GL1200, we decided to take a ride for a couple of hours to build up for our 7  hour ride in August.  Unfortunately, right around the Columbia area, the kickstand decided to drop down and catch the road.  Before we could stop, we were both thrown from the bide and ended up in the hospital in Columbia.  Jimmy (MowerDoc) has a broken nose, broken elbow, broken thumb, broken arm (so both arms are out of use right now), and multiple bruises and abrasions, as well as a concussion.  I have a concussion, two brain bleeds, broken nose, three cracked ribs, and multiple bruises and abrasions. We're both out of the hospital now and are finally on the mend. Guess we can't complain since this is our first accident in 30 years. So glad we had our helmets and all of our riding gear on.  Will keep you all up to date as we get through all this. Prayers are very much requested.  

• Sad 2
  • Surprise 1

Rebel Girl
1 minute ago, Rebel Girl said:

Well, after getting the 1985 GL1200, we decided to take a ride for a couple of hours to build up for our 7  hour ride in August.  Unfortunately, right around the Columbia area, the kickstand decided to drop down and catch the road.  Before we could stop, we were both thrown from the bike and ended up in the hospital in Columbia.  Jimmy (MowerDoc) has a broken nose, broken elbow, broken thumb, broken arm (so both arms are out of use right now), and multiple bruises and abrasions, as well as a concussion.  I have a concussion, two brain bleeds, broken nose, three cracked ribs, and multiple bruises and abrasions. We're both out of the hospital now and are finally on the mend. Guess we can't complain since this is our first accident in 30 years. So glad we had our helmets and all of our riding gear on.  Will keep you all up to date as we get through all this. Prayers are very much requested.  P.S. The bike is fine!!, go figure.

flylow

So sorry to see this and so glad that you both had your riding gear on.  Hang in there your healing time has started and you will only get better.

NC Aspenwing

Hate to hear this but glad you and mowerdoc are on the mend

Get well soon my friends.

OnaWingandaPrayer

Patty, so sad to hear this . Prayers for healing and no unexpected problems.

Steed

Hate to hear about family having get-offs.  Stay on the meds and heal quickly...

AZgl1800

So sorry to hear of this, and prayers for a quick healing period...

but it sounds like y'all will be several months healing before you feel like getting back up on a bike.

Took me a year before I felt like I was stable enough, and 2 years before I bought a "new to me" 1500...

the lawyer screamed like the  devil and said "leave that in the garage!!! or we will loose our court case"

I snuck it out once in a while anyway....

one day, you can look back on it, and it won't hurt so bad.....

Parman

Wow! sorry to hear of this mishap.

I pray that you both have a fast recovery.

brianinpa

Patty and Jimmy... I am sorry to read this, but glad to read that you are both on the mend.  Praying for your speedy recovery.

Bluthundr31

So sorry to hear about your accident.  Glad to hear you are both on the mend.

You both will be in my prayers for a speedy, uneventful, and complete recovery. 

Flyone

Dang it Patty.......I hate to hear about this. I pray for a speedy recovery for you and MowerDoc.

Monkeytrucker

AND SOME SAY SAFETY GEAR IS NOT REQUIRED.  Guess some people have harder heads or steel do-rags.  Glad you guys wear it.

Glad the two of you are on the mend and of course the bike was OK, it is a Honda.  Get well soon.

NC Aspenwing

Hey Patty how are you and Jimmy doing? Give us an update.

Mountain Rider

Hope you guys are getting better.  Take your time and heal well, don't push it.

Rebel Girl

We are doing better everyone. Every day gets a little easier and with less pain. We are still sleeping a lot and Jimmy is only doing one job a day. I'm the driver and assistant now but I don't mind. I get to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't stress out that arm. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. Hope to be back riding next season. Till then, it will be the car. LOL

• Like 3

Parman

Good to hear your are minding well. It sucks trying to recover from injuries at our age. We don't bounce back like we did when we were young.

terryj

It's good to hear that you both are on the mend. 30 years accident free, that's an accomplishment. I've always been told that there are two types of motorcycle riders, Those that have crashed, and those that will crash. 

Edited by terryj