Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

Had to visit the hospital today

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

No emergency, just a pre-scheduled test.  They did an endoscope inspection and found out that Estella or you guys gave me an ulcer.  I am going to blame it on you guys and gals because if I blame it on the Bride her cast iron skillet will probably give me a headache.

sad cry GIF

OnaWingandaPrayer

I am sure it was us Gary . Never consider that Estella would cause you this pain. Now, the headache, you may deserve the skillet for reasons unkown to us here on the forum ;)

• Haha 1

Monkeytrucker

I give her reasons no one on here know about and the sad thing is that I claim, and rightly so many times, to not know about.

I had a great uncle and aunt that argued about everything and did it loudly.  We visited them 52 years ago and it was funny.  Both were near totally deaf and when they were arguing neither of them were arguing the same subject.

When you have been married (starting 55th year in a few weeks) you start to think of things, words and actions at the same time.  Just like great uncle Richard and great aunt Lennea Estella and I sometimes are discussing (arguing) to different points.  The big thing married people should do is have the rule "Argue all you want but never go to bed mad."  We have followed that rule for 53.90 years.  Now if I can only get her to let me get back on the bike without her worrying about getting a cut or etc. and now there is this ulcer she has for ammunition.  "Gee honey, riding the Gold Wing will make the ulcer heal itself."  Hmmm, maybe I should use that line.😂 

OnaWingandaPrayer

A long ride is really good medicine. I hope she listens , before she grabs the fry pan.

Monkeytrucker

I am working on it.  She is very concerned about the mile of gravel road that is not conducive to anything but trail bikes.  I am still thinking about dragging that big construction machine tire on the gravel to the hard road.  It should at least level those piles left by the maintainer.  They used to make 3 passes, one side, the other side and then the middle.  That left a nice flat on the crown.  Now they only do 2 and it leaves a lot of piles and no easy path.