Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Galaxyhunter

North American Summer Rally - NASR 12 - Galena, IL ~INFORMATION~

33 posts in this topic Last Reply

Galaxyhunter

This is the INFORMATION SHARING Thread and should be used to SHARE INFORMATION and ASK QUESTIONS concerning NASR 12

Please use the  ATTENDANCE THREAD   to SIGN UP  and let us know you are planning to attend!!!

North American Summer Rally - NASR 12

June 18th, 19th and 20th 2019

Your NASR 12 Hosts:  Galaxyhunter ( Carl Roland);   Pwhoever (Mike Kane) ;  Parman (Don Kelly)

Supporting staff:   erwjww ( Jack White)  Beth (Beth White) Yougnbald ( Mark Graft)

MOTEL INFORMATION

Grant Hills Motel    9372 US 20 West, Galena, IL 61036    

(815) 777-2116

https://www.granthills.com/

The Motel has 34 rooms & will hold all rooms until 90 day before this event. Rooms 2-25 are on the front side of the motel & have door front parking. Rooms 26-35 are on the backside w/out the door front parking but these room face where the tent / activities will take place. The pool is near room 25.

Double Queen beds, rooms 2-9  $79.00 + tax

Double twin beds,  rooms 10-15, 18-26, 28-35  $79.00 + tax 

Triple twin beds,  rooms 16,17, 27  $89.00 + tax

This Motel is Pet Friendly,  Please read the section on their web page

Contact person: Terri

Her work hours are: Mon,  Wed,  Sat:  7am-1pm and Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sun:  All day.

NOTE: when calling to make your reservations please use “NASR” as the event name.

SPECIAL NOTE: Camping will be allowed at the mote;!Tents & Aspen style camper can be setup behind the Motel ($15.00 night) where the activities are to be held.  You will not have electric (as nobody wants to trip over cords) and you may want to pair up with someone that has a room for bathroom/shower service. If you plan to camp at the Motel then you should call and make the reservation and specify that you are CAMPING.

CAMPGROUND INFORMATION

Palace Campground    11357 US Hwy. 20 West, Galena, IL 61036

(815) 777-2466  

https://www.palacecamBathpground.com/

Electric Sites are $33.00 per night

Contact person:  Kim

Her work hours are: 9am - 4pm  M-F

NOTE: when calling to make your reservations please use “NASR” as the event name.

The campground is holding a block of sites (82-89) until the first of the year.  These are electric sites & are directly across the road to the bathroom/shower house. If your toy hauler/big camper needs water/sewer services, they have sites for those also, but they should fit in the reserved sites.  Call to make sure your specific rig will fit.

Additional area information and available activities will be posted as they become available!

Click on pictures to enlarge...

2018-07-15_14-47-00.png

2018-07-15_13-20-03.png

2018-07-15_13-24-03.png

2018-07-15_13-48-15.png

2018-07-15_13-38-31.png

• Like 3

jobe05

Awesome Job Carl, I know you Illinois folks know how to put on an event and it looks like this will be a good one!!!

• Like 4

winger77

GREAT INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Super job to all you guys putting this much info up so soon. Looks fanta👍stic 

Galaxyhunter

Some More Points of interests

Antique Archaeology a.k.a.   American Pickers
115 Davenport St, Le Claire, IA 52753
73 miles from Motel
http://www.antiquearchaeology.com/

Maquoketa Caves
10970 98th St, Maquoketa, IA 52060
48 Miles from Motel
http://www.iowadnr.gov/Places-to-Go/State-Parks/Iowa-State-Parks/ParkDetails/ParkID/610127

Field of Dreams  Movie Set
 28995 Lansing Rd, Dyersville, IA 52040
42 Miles from Motel
https://fieldofdreamsmoviesite.com/

National Farm Toy Museum  ( Ertl toys )
1110 16th Ave SE.   Dyersville, IA · (563) 875-2727
42 Miles from Motel
https://www.facebook.com/nationalfarmtoymuseum/

National Brewery Museum
209 S. Main Street
Potosi Wisconsin.
35 Miles from Motel
http://nationalbrewerymuseum.org/

Cave of the Mounds
2975 Cave of the Mounds Rd
Blue Mounds, WI 53517
66 Miles from Motel
https://www.caveofthemounds.com/

More input from Parman,

Lunch runs:

Poopies in Savanna  then you could ride to the top of Palisades SP for views of the Mississippi. Ride on down to Le Claire to American Pickers Store. 4 hrs. round trip riding

Irish Shanty for the Gunder Burger in Gunder IA 5 hr round trip ride for lunch if people are interested. Cross at Prairie du Chien ride the river or ride west side of river back down.

Suggest rides routes to Lake Geneva 5 hrs. round trip. 

Ride up to Darlington and Mineral Point area 2.5 hrs. round trip for WI country side rides.

AZgl1800

Great job you have done here, and a nice package all the way around.

I will be calling come daylight and getting my room set up.

where is the Auction Tent going to be set up? I like to get a room close to that area.

I haven't read everything closely yet, might have missed that info.

EDIT: I sure did, on the right end of the motel, ( picture orientation )

• Like 1

AZgl1800

Will be there for darn sure, it is 01:30 dark thirty, so will call when Terri gets in, and update this post.

my daughter will come with me she says, need to ask the motel about the doggies??

didn't catch if that was mentioned??

wondering if there is room to dry park the 26ft Toy Hauler where it won't be in the way?

Galaxyhunter
3 hours ago, AZgl1800 said:

Will be there for darn sure, it is 01:30 dark thirty, so will call when Terri gets in, and update this post.

my daughter will come with me she says, need to ask the motel about the doggies??    Yes, The Motel is Pet Friendly

didn't catch if that was mentioned??

wondering if there is room to dry park the 26ft Toy Hauler where it won't be in the way?    Yes, there is a lot of grass area behind the Motel

Galaxyhunter
On 7/15/2018 at 3:38 PM, jobe05 said:

Awesome Job Carl, I know you Illinois folks know how to put on an event and it looks like this will be a good one!!!

Thanks John!

AZgl1800

Cynthia called the motel and they are asking  $15/day per/pet ☹️ and with 2 pups, that is an extra $30/day.  for $4 more she can stay at the RV park...  plus we have a cat, and the motel does not allow cats... allergies abound with cats for a lot of folks.

so, I am looking into just putting the RV up at the Palace Campgrounds,

downside for that site, is no fenced in doggie runs???

I just don't get some of the RV parks, nearly everyone has pets, and pets need to run free.

we stayed at a lot of KOA rv parks going to Colorado last month, and all of them have fenced in dog runs.

AZgl1800

as I mentioned, I am in Room #34 which is a double queen IIRC ?

open to sharing, but be aware, that I have been told that I snore in my sleep.

understand, I have never heard myself do that, so not sure they are correct ☺️

drtjr

Thank you to those involved.  This was very well put together, Galena is nice are to ride   I hope to make this

• Like 1

coffee pot

I am planning on camping at the RV park. I will need a place to park the trailer that I will pull with the trike. 16' plus the tongue. I have not talked to the campground yet. hate I missed #11, but will try my best to be at 12.

• Like 1

Halfling
1 minute ago, coffee pot said:

I am planning on camping at the RV park. I will need a place to park the trailer that I will pull with the trike. 16' plus the tongue. I have not talked to the campground yet. hate I missed #11, but will try my best to be at 12.

When you're ready to confirm Ken, please go over to the NASR 12 Attendance thread and let us know the details!!! So happy that you might make it to NASR 12, you have been missed!!!

NASR 12 Attendance Thread

Galaxyhunter
4 hours ago, coffee pot said:

Ken,  There will be room behind the Motel,  They have a large backyard.

AZgl1800
5 hours ago, coffee pot said:

Ken,

the RV park does not have that much room, UNLESS, you rent an adjoining space to park the trailer.

But, from the overhead view, I am wondering if there is enough room for you to back the trailer in and unhook it.

I will be there with my Suburban, we can unload the trailer, and then I can park it for you.

Their south fence line abuts the Super Walmart, so plenty of space to unload my bike, or unhook your trailer and get the trike out, and then me park the trailer for you.

ALL SLOTS ARE BACK IN,  NONE ARE PULL THROUGHS!!!

. they told me that I MUST drop the ramp and unload my bike BEFORE going into their campground....

talk about chincy, they have compacted it so tight, you can just barely navigate thru it.

I would wonder, if you made a call to the Walmart store there, and talked to the manager, if he would let you park the trailer on their property somewhere?

DougW

From looking at the satellite pictures there should be plenty of space to park the trailer at the campground.  Keep in mind we are going to be there in June in the middle of the week so the place should not be busy.  I'll bet they will be quite accomodating.

• Like 2

AZgl1800

Doug,

just related what the lady told me, she did not sound all that accommodating to me.

as much room as there is at the entrance, I don't see why I couldn't drop the ramp, roll out the bike, and take the trailer up to the slot and park it.

they can't be having the equivalent of freeway traffic at that place.

NC Aspenwing

Hope to make this one also.

• Like 3

Green Dragon

Loos like a great start to what appears to be a great event! We plan on being there. Just need to make a few schedule changes before we commit to the motel.

• Like 1

Wingerpeg
On 7/16/2018 at 9:53 PM, Galaxyhunter said:

Some More Points of interests

Antique Archaeology a.k.a.   American Pickers
115 Davenport St, Le Claire, IA 52753
73 miles from Motel
http://www.antiquearchaeology.com/

Maquoketa Caves
10970 98th St, Maquoketa, IA 52060
48 Miles from Motel
http://www.iowadnr.gov/Places-to-Go/State-Parks/Iowa-State-Parks/ParkDetails/ParkID/610127

Field of Dreams  Movie Set
 28995 Lansing Rd, Dyersville, IA 52040
42 Miles from Motel
https://fieldofdreamsmoviesite.com/

National Farm Toy Museum  ( Ertl toys )
1110 16th Ave SE.   Dyersville, IA · (563) 875-2727
42 Miles from Motel
https://www.facebook.com/nationalfarmtoymuseum/

National Brewery Museum
209 S. Main Street
Potosi Wisconsin.
35 Miles from Motel
http://nationalbrewerymuseum.org/

Cave of the Mounds
2975 Cave of the Mounds Rd
Blue Mounds, WI 53517
66 Miles from Motel
https://www.caveofthemounds.com/

More input from Parman,

Lunch runs:

Poopies in Savanna  then you could ride to the top of Palisades SP for views of the Mississippi. Ride on down to Le Claire to American Pickers Store. 4 hrs. round trip riding

Irish Shanty for the Gunder Burger in Gunder IA 5 hr round trip ride for lunch if people are interested. Cross at Prairie du Chien ride the river or ride west side of river back down.

Suggest rides routes to Lake Geneva 5 hrs. round trip. 

Ride up to Darlington and Mineral Point area 2.5 hrs. round trip for WI country side rides.

Lest we forget the MC museum in Anamosa. 60 miles away.  46 miles to the Potosi Brewery in Wi

Wingerpeg

Can you please get them to cut down the cornfields so it will feel like I’m not doing the same ride again. 3rd year in a row looking at corn rows

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter
9 hours ago, Wingerpeg said:

Can you please get them to cut down the cornfields so it will feel like I’m not doing the same ride again. 3rd year in a row looking at corn rows

Mr. Kyle.  That is the MAIN reason that I moved the event to June. The corn should only be waist high, not over your head.  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon:

Parman

Kyle you can always ride in WI. Nice rolling hills in that area.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Hey Kyle, where do you think all of that "Corn Whiskey" comes from?  

very funny lol GIF