Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Monkeytrucker

Just got bad news from my friend

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

My best friend just gave me the news that his younger son was killed.  Captain Bryan Addington, Bronze Star recipient was killed while felling a tree at home.  He leaves his widow who is fighting advanced breast cancer and 3 children under six.  The wife and oldest boy saw it happen.  What a memory that boy will have.  Bryan survived 18 months in Afghanistan only to succumb cutting a tree at home.  Words cannot describe how much of a punch in the gut is to his father and even Estella and I. 

Maybe this forum is not the place for this but it is about my only outlet.

• Sad 3

Mountain Rider

So sad, our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. It shows how quickly things can change.

brianinpa
(edited)

Wow.... May the Peace that passes all understanding be with the family.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OnaWingandaPrayer

So sad to hear this Gary . Life is so fragile and sadly, we mostly take it for granted. 

Prayers for Captain Bryan Addington and his family/friends. May the Lord comfort them  and wash the bad image of this accident from there thoughts.

roscoepc
3 hours ago, Monkeytrucker said:

Maybe this forum is not the place for this but it is about my only outlet.

Yes it IS the place.... Prayers and Best Wishes for the family.... Especially for that Young'un...…...

NC Aspenwing

Sending Prayers for this family and you and Estella too.

Parman

My thoughts and prayers are with this family and their friends. Such a tragedy.

Monkeytrucker

Tragedy like this happens thousands of times a day all over the world.  And when there are small children who do not have the concept of death, other than their goldfish dying, it is horrible.  I found out last evening that the 6 year old ran down to where his dad was crushed under the tree with blood everywhere and kept telling daddy to get up.  In the process he got covered with Daddies blood.  What a trauma for him and the other 2 kids were still in the house.  The oldest knows what happened and that Dad will never come back but the youngest are just thinking Dad has gone off for training.

My friend is 85 years old but very active with his sculpture work. He will go down hill fast.  He talked last night about all of the times his son missed being killed while he was growing up, how he had taken leave to go to Bali while stationed on the rock pile.  They had just made their trip across the island when the Tsuami  hit where they just had been. 

We talked about being a parent and expecting out kids bury us, not us having to bury them.  Life has no guarantees, it is just a progression of heart beats and those can be stopped in an instant.  Even though Aldon thought he had prepared himself for the death of one of his boys somewhere in the world, the oldest having been in the super secret army helicopter group that put special forces in spots around the world without anyone knowing they were there, his younger son spending 18 months and earned a bronze star for something his dad was never told why he got it.  

He was so happy that his boy just past his PT test even though he was just getting over a case of gout and that he was on the short list for Major.  He was proud of all of the cars the kid bought at a salvage yard that had been sold to the yard and all it amounted to was some couple hundred dollar repair but the car was not worth it.  Bryan would buy it and make it a good driver.

In high school and college he worked for a pawn shop and learned the art of flipping someones selling for cash into something someone else wanted.

My friend who I have had the honor to call a friend for 31 years and I have shared good and bad times.  I met him on the first day my family went back to school at the university.  His drop hammer was making bad gear noises at the foundry just across the street from our married student apartment.  I walked over, adjusted the gears and a friendship began.  We watched each others kids grow up, his a few years behind ours.

As I said, this forum probably should not be the forum to do my personal grieving but I have to have a release for my feelings.  Sorry if I offend any of you. It is simply a place where I call many of those in this group friends.  Thank you

OnaWingandaPrayer

Gary , do not worry . Though we have not met, we are one huge family, brought together through this forum, by a machine(s) we care for. We are support for each other in whatever fashion is called for.  Lean on us as needed.

Steed

Thoughts and prayers for your friend's family Gary.  Like Mike said, the forum is here for any support you can glean from it.  Many of us have or will face life's troubles and need a place to release or vent our feelings.  This is just one place I frequent, but it is a good place...

AZgl1800

Gary,

it is with our friends that we commiserate, and felling a tree is never a truly safe endeavor.

something surely went wrong while he was cutting the tree down, and we know he did not anticipate the outcome that happened.

Prayers for his family and friends where ever they may be.

Bluthundr31

A true American HERO for his service will be missed and our Prayers go out to his family and friends. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,