Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Mountain Rider

Plans are in the works for a trip to Washington

37 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Evidently dehydration and potassium deficiency tend to make energy short and slow to come back.  Well that and a certain lady starts screaming "you are not ready to go out yet" at me when I head to the door.  Maybe tomorrow morning when it is not so hot she and I will go out and try to locate more stuff in the ashes.  The big part will be the rear section as it still has the well charred back wall laying on it and that was where bigger items had got stored.  Might have to borrow a back hoe to rake stuff.  Some stuff is well visible like my 350 4 bolt main block all ready for assembly with new cam bearings, deglazed bores, Pistons and rods in a box just like the cam and lifters were.  I had not put it all together because I could handle it easier until I needed it.  The adjuster noted it was not a "together" engine.  I guess as parts they are cheaper.  Not now as the block would have to be align bored, cylinders bored, lifter bores honed and so on.  All of the parts were well pickled and wrapped in plastic.  We found my old dog dish hubcaps collection I had started collecting 40 years ago when they were half a buck at auctions I just found that some of the Plymouth ones that were painted back then are selling for $30 and more a pop.  Each cap will have to be researched.  

My pipe threading tool ain't cheap either.  The very large chain 16" pipe wrench I have not even tried to put a new value on even if it can be found.  One just plain forgets what and where your things are and then finding stuff my Father In Law had used in his farming operation are a total surprise.

Hey Dave, post photos, videos even if you have to put up a youtube site and put them there.  Links will get us there.  Hope your trip lasts another 20 days and only because you are having fun.

Mountain Rider

Today was a day of rest. Made a short run into town,checking out some old haunts. It's definitely not the same. Tomorrow we plan on taking a ride through the Ellensburg canyon and then up to the Cle Elum Roslin area for lunch. This is where the series Northern Exposure was made years ago. Big Horn sheep, deer, and turkey can often be seen across the river. Should be a great trip. 

Mountain Rider
(edited)

We took the run up through the Canyon, but the wildlife didn't cooperate. The rest of the ride was great. We rode through CleElum and Roslyn, ending up at the Old #3 Cafe and Bar. The food was good as was the atmosphere. We returned through the Canyon, hoping for some animals to appear, but they just weren't having it. 

I decided to change the fork oil when we got home, as the front end continued to pound a bit hard. Not a bad decision, the old oil was black and smelled like gear oil. After flushing and cleaning the tubes, we threw some new factory suspension fluid in there and reassembled everything. I may have to fine tune it later, but for now the ride is much improved, with there actually being some rebound in the forks. 

Yesterday we kinda laid back. Leslie went to play with the girls, and my brother and I hung out getting the bikes cleaned up. We've been having a buzz in the intercom, so I took the opportunity to improve the battery ground. That seemed to fix it so we'll see. 

Today, we're out seeing friends. This morning we're going to visit a young lady who I helped with astronomy when she was in school. She just had a new baby so we wanted to drop a gift by. This afternoon I'm meeting up with a childhood friend I haven't seen since 1982 when we were both in the military. I was Army Field Artillery, he was a P3 Orion pilot in the Navy. Last time we talked, I was leaving Hawaii for Ft Sill, Oklahoma, for Drill Seargent duty, and he was flying out of Barbers Point NAS for exercises in Japan. No cell phones or internet back then, and being on the move all the time, we lost track. He's since moved back home, so while I'm here, we're going to do some catching up and make a more permanent connection. I can't wait. :thumbs-up:

Edited by Mountain Rider

Mountain Rider

Visits yesterday were wonderful. Leslie brought a stack of onesies to the new Mom, and I caught up on about 36 years with Randy over a beer (or two).  Leslie fixed diner for everyone, and I must say Shrimp Alfredo and fresh corn on the cob, straight from the field, was great. My brother got his Harley torn apart so he can install the new header pipes. He's got to get it back together today, as he plans on riding a ways with us tomorrow when we head home. 

Today, Black Beauty gets a good fluff and buff while we get her ready to travel. Bags get packed and ready to load. Tonight, WE BBQ!  We get to see all the relatives, brothers, sister, cousins, aunt's, uncle's, niece's, and nephews tonight, so it's the big night of the trip. 

Mountain Rider

Finally back home, so time to catch up. 

So, had a great night with family and friends, and as always, I ate to much. 

20180907_201041.jpg

20180907_192338.jpg

20180907_191929.jpg

20180907_192105.jpg

Mountain Rider
(edited)

Mom, the short one, turned 85. Caught up on the last couple years and topped the night off with family shots (not pictures :SmileyTooth:)

Saturday morning we loaded up and headed for home. We had a bit of a thunder storm the night before, and the resulting fires dotted our route. Won't miss those, but the fruit stands are awesome. We rolled through Oregon and stopped for lunch in Pendleton, where we met a fellow Goldwing rider. Beautiful 02 wing. Continued on to Ontario where we spent the night. Grabbed breakfast at the hotel and were back on the road by 9:30. Hated the ribbed road through Nampa and Boise, but blacktop the rest of the way was nice. We arrived in Rigby just in time for our Granddaughters 12th birthday party. Our Grandson was enjoying pizza and just  relaxing.  1795 miles, It's been a great trip. 

20180908_134302.jpg

20180907_175040.jpg

20180907_175100.jpg

20180909_175727.jpg

20180909_175741.jpg

Edited by Mountain Rider
  • Like 1

Mountain Rider

A few more pictures from our trip 

20180902_131212.jpg

20180902_131002.jpg

20180902_131113.jpg

20180902_130934.jpg

20180902_130948.jpg

Mountain Rider
(edited)

20180902_131630.jpg

20180831_121301.jpg

20180902_130922.jpg

20180831_164502.jpg

20180901_093552.jpg

Edited by Mountain Rider
  • Love 1

Monkeytrucker

Some people just cannot stop bragging about their beautiful trip....  

Dave, don't you even think about stopping bragging and posting photos of those trips.  Some of us live vicariously thru those photos.  Thank you for taking us along.

Mountain Rider

Gary, it was my pleasure. I know you're kinda grounded right now, so anything I can do to brighten your day just let me know. 

Monkeytrucker
1 hour ago, Mountain Rider said:

Gary, it was my pleasure. I know you're kinda grounded right now, so anything I can do to brighten your day just let me know. 

Well if you have a couple extra million $$$$ laying around unused you could send one of them this way.....

Definitely enjoy the photos.

John (halfing) and I sat Saturday evening and I asked him about seeing stars while on ship.  He told of going up on top of his station at the top of the ship and laying on the deck and looking at the stars.  Wow, I was not there but I remember when we did not have light pollution like today and watching the stars.  I felt like I was up there looking up at the sky with him.  And him telling about all of the ports of call he made were about as good as photos.  

Mountain Rider

No problem, I'm scheduled to win the lottery tomorrow night, so I'll hook you up. :wink-sm:

You guys talking about stars reminds me of when I was stationed in Hawaii. Every time we made a night move, my 1SG would join me while I walked the gun line and tell me about constellations and stars, where they were, what they ment, and so on. He was an astronomy nut.  We had to lay our artillery pieces off the stars on night moves, and we made a lot of night moves.  He taught me a lot, but when you finish a move at 1 in the morning and he didn't leave me alone until around 4, getting up at 6 became a bit rough. Good times. :SmileyTooth: