Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

Putting a medical alert on back of helmet

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Being I am now running on Rat Poison (warfin) I have been giving thought about putting an alert on the back of my helmets like someone had posted in the past.  

Do you think that anyone would even look for the warning on the back of the helmet?  We are worried about having an accident and bleeding not stopping and medics or first responders not know what is happening.

OnaWingandaPrayer

That may be a good idea , though I believe first responders  are more accustomed to looking for a medical ID bracelet.

Rampal1955

I agree with the medical ID bracelet. Since I have several medical problems, I looked into the idea of buying a "memory stick" and putting all my info on there.The info holder makes a great looking ID bracelet Great idea but, not many first responders have the ability to read the information.  I have a watertight container attached to my handlebars with all the information possible. Also if I were to put a sticker on my helmet, I think I would put it on the front where it would be more visible. Just my opinions here.

Ride safe

Paul

DougW

Bracelet or neck chain.

What if they remove the helmet and leave it at the scene?  Not gonna do much good in that case.

OnaWingandaPrayer

On the front of the helmet may be a better option  for sure . I think they do sometimes bring in the helmet to assess possibility of head trauma.

AZgl1800

1st Responders will never look at a USB flash drive, even though it might contain your entire medical records.

if that ever did happen, it might be in the hospital, but they won't give them a moment's thought, because NO OTHER HOSPITAL OR DOCTOR KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!!!!

I got that lesson impressed on me so many times in the last two years of my wife's life..... they will NOT read old medical records.

new doctors nearly killed her twice giving her meds that she was allergic to, when it was plainly stated on her admission charts, and on my Printed Medical Records sheet that I gave them......  I asked so many times, why they request you provide med records, and then Never, Ever, Read them........... " I don't have time to go throw all that trash paper" pretty much sums up the answers I got.

WRIST BRACELET with as much info as it will hold, and that is all they will look at.