Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

#$%#@ the luck!

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

We were all excited that this weekend (fathers day) was going to be the first good weekend to go camping.  No rain scheduled.  I do not know what my body has against us.  Two years ago we were going to ride up to ND and then take the scenic route back across MN and down thru WI.  Went to the MD, he ran a test that called for a bigger test.  Then they called and said you need to go to the heart center.  "You need a cath procedure."  We said after our vacation trip.  Then we had 2 MDs call and say you are in severe trouble and need the cath.  So there went our campground reservations, our money for the reservations.  They did the cath and found their stress text was not accurate and we were OK.

Our Father's day trip has been killed, lucky no reservations involved, because Tuesday night we had an attack by my heart.  Ambulance ride, 5 hrs in the ER, put in a room at 2:00 in the morning, they did all of their required stuff and I fell asleep on them.  Danged alarms kept going off every little bit so they had to do their checks.  At 6:00 a.m. they woke me up and stuck me in a wheel chair.  I think they needed money. Twice I was in a machine that did a lot of moving, stopping, making noises and the radiology nurse told me it was $8,000 a time.  Then a chemical stress test that makes one think they are trying to kill you.  Then 2 echo tests as the MD was questioning the first results.  Got back in the room, my breakfast tray was sitting on the end of a second table and my lunch was on the one that went over the bed.  Both meals were stone cold.  Oh well, I am trying to lose weight anyway.  They let me out late that evening, put me on some medications that require being looked at for a couple weeks.  So for the next 2 weeks we will have a nurse here at home each afternoon, do her thing and leave.  At least we did not are not out of enough money to gas the bike, pay $18 to the Army Corp of Engineers for 2 nights camping.  The heart doc said you have to be very careful on you bike because if you crash you will not be able to stop bleeding.  Wonder if I slit my neck it would break the curse?  Life is a series of unexpected events.

• Sad 2

Monkeytrucker

Rat poison is now a daily pill and being they are not getting the INR to start going up they are increasing it.  The medication they originally prescribed was one of those pills you see on TV.  $545 for 3 months.  Being we are not millionaires that was squelched in favor of rat poison.  

Monkeytrucker

We did get to go camping for 3 days and nights the weekend before last.  Great time except that danged rat poison started causing problems along with the heat.  Coming home while being a good ride had a couple of major difficulties.  This past weekend we thought we might try to ride again but problems with the rat poison caused problems that denied us riding.  Sitting here waiting for the visiting nurse to get here.  They are here 3 days a week and the home health/help lady is here the other 2 days.  Getting old is a B I T C H!