Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Mountain Rider

Luggage racks

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider

So, round tube or flat machined aluminum, which do you like and why? I have the round tube style now, but the flat rack just looks clean.  If they're functionally the same, I'd be tempted. 

Ghost Rider 2

if you buy a different rack.  More than likely the bolt pattern will be different.   You can buy a plug for the old holes. But the plugs are very noticeable. I bought a used 02 and it is that way.  The plugs are at least an inch away from the new ones.  Maybe if you buy same brand of rack if you know exactly what on your bike.  That might work out.

Mortimerr

The only thing that I can say, is it may depend on what you plan on using it for. For example, if you want to mount a flag holder you may have a tough time trying to find one that will mount to the flat rack. Another thought is if you ever plan on using bungee to strap something to the rack, it may be easier to do with round tubes. Still again, it appears that the flat rack struts/tubes? may be wider than the 1/2" tubing. If you try to attach a bag to the rack and it uses velcro straps, they may not work.

Other than that, the flat racks do look nice.

RogueWing936

I have the round tube type, I've had no issues with it at all the most its held is my camera tripod.. I did apply a couple coats of wax to it before installing just CYA against rust, so far so good its been on the bike about a year