Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Geordiemuppet

GP90

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Geordiemuppet
(edited)

Well, we ain't been on here for a while, for which I apologise - life is my excuse - it is hectic, disordered and often inconvenient and lacking in such delights as Morgan's Spiced and Maker's Mark.

We are well and we have a full summer planned on the wings which unfortunately do not include a trip across the pond, for which we can only apologise - its something of an expensive business.

Looking forward to meeting Creekwalker when you come over to Nottingham.

Those who know us know that we are very much involved with the Royal British Legion, then foremost Veteran's charity here in the UK - we are members of the RBL Riders Branch and I am also Branch Treasurer at Newcastle central Branch and a member of the County Committee.

This year, Chris and I are involved in a bit of a one off and certainly a "lifetime" experience which sadly does not include motorcycles, but there ya go.

Early August, Chris and I travel to Ypres in Belgium for the Great Pilgrimage 90. https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/community/calendar/remembrance-services-and-events/great-pilgrimage-90/

Chris will carry the Wreath and I will carry the Branch standard for Hebburn on Tyne Branch RBL as we march through the Menin Gate alongside some 1,150 other RBL Branch standards to commemorate the centenary of "the war to end all wars" (which sadly it didn't as many of us are all too well aware).

For you guys across the pond, the Menin Gate is a Commonwealth war graves commission memorial to some 54,000 odd men who fell at the Ypres Salient during WWI and who have no known grave.

I have before laid a wreath at the gate and also read the exhortation at the daily last post ceremony which were both truly humbling experiences, but I think this will top it all, in the presence of our own Royal representative and numerous heads of states.

They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

jobe05

I follow your travels and associations when you post on FB .  I truly admire your commitment to you warriors, past and present.  You are a great man and you do a great service.

Love the poppies you had the other day.  I wish it was feasible, I would get a couple of those.

Geordiemuppet
(edited)

John,

Less of the "Great"

I'm just a mixed up matelot.

They (we) are not really "warriors", just men (and women) who stepped up to the mark and did their duty.

Which Poppies are you talking about?

I have access to these things! Some of them I commission. All I need is an address!

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

jobe05

The plane with the poppies on it.  If you have paypal, I'll buy 2 and pay the shipping.  If you want, Post a picture on here to see if other want any and we can ship a few of them over.

These:

30727399_10212144705672233_6817138453532146634_n.jpg

Geordiemuppet

Its the "Angel of the North", a local landmark. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_of_the_North

Also have these of another local sculpture "Tommy" based on a WWI Soldier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_(statue)

Only the pin badge on the left still available.

Pins are minimum £2 sterling each. All monies going to Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal.

If we have an idea of demand, can sort shipping.

Angel 2.JPG

Tommy badges.jpg

jobe05

Would anyone else be interested in a Pin??

Im ordering two.  Shipping would be cheaper for each of us the more we order.

Geordiemuppet

I have put a selection in the Classifieds forum

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,