Sign in to follow this  
Mysticfour

Camper Rental

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mysticfour

Does anybody know where an Aspen trailer could be rented? Me and my better half would like to try 1 out before we buy 1. 

Flyone

I don’t know but I think it’s a great idea.....I’ve bought my last couple of automobiles by renting them from Hertz first!

Mysticfour

I don't know if there is anywhere like that but it word be a great way to get people convinced on your products if they like it. I know that if we can find 1 and really like it that we would have to buy 1.  They could rent them and charge for insurance for the time it is out.

pwhoever

Just my opinion but if you are really interested in one, go ahead and buy used. If it turns out you don't like it, you should easily be able to turn around and sell it for probably as much as you bought it for. They seem to hold their value and there is always someone looking to buy. They don't last very long on the market...

Mysticfour

Not the way we want to go, my wife would like to try 1, and if we like she is talking about getting new, not taking a loan to get a used if I am going to try going new, and don't want to apply for loan that big and not work out for us.

Probably will wind up with used 1 but she is very very picky.  I can't get 1 without her ok and she won't be ok without trying 1 at this time 

pwhoever

Take a ride down to El Paso, Il and meet up with them at their manufacturing plant and showroom. I know reaching them on the phone can be a bit challenging but they are very good about returning calls. They can demonstrate one in person and maybe they might be willing to turn one into a demo. Brady Mann, who I believe is one of the owners, has come to hang out with us at several of the past Illinois meet and greet at Clinton Lake. I believe it is his wife that is running the showroom. You might be able to pitch the idea to them. They have been very open to our ideas in the past and maybe willing to do something like this. Make sure to let the forum know what you find out...

Aspen Contact Info

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

There is only 1 place that I heard of that rents motorcycle campers, I think in either NC, or SC? (at least they used to), but it was the Lees-ure Lite camper, which is way smaller than the Aspen Classic and might put your wife off due to it being so cramped inside

Ghost Rider 2

I will agree with pwhoever.  take a trip over to El Paso and talk to them.  I can't see a person renting out there motorcycle camper. There would not be enough profit in renting one for a rental company to have them.  Plus most of the have different wiring for the electrical systems 4 wire 5 wire even 6 wire systems.  I think in this area the only chance would be at Aspen in El Paso. And even at that my guess is you will have to drop a large security deposit if the let you try one.

Monkeytrucker

Word of advice, Call ahead to Aspen and make an appointment to see Brady.  He has a day job also.

Galaxyhunter
2 hours ago, Ghost Rider 2 said:

I will agree with pwhoever.  take a trip over to El Paso and talk to them.  I can't see a person renting out there motorcycle camper. There would not be enough profit in renting one for a rental company to have them.  Plus most of the have different wiring for the electrical systems 4 wire 5 wire even 6 wire systems.  I think in this area the only chance would be at Aspen in El Paso. And even at that my guess is you will have to drop a large security deposit if the let you try one.

Do you have a trailer hitch?  Wiring?  Aspens have an 1 7/8 Ball.  I believe they have changed their wiring system from a 5 wire (older models) to a 4 wire system.  The new one I bought in 2012 is a five wire w/ brakes, so it has a 6 wire plug.  I installed a second

set of lights to use a four wire plug so I can pull it w/ my truck. 

Have you pulled a trailer before?  It is a little different on a bike,  not hard but different.  It takes a little bit to get used to.  I would recommend the you pull it for a while before putting the Wife on the back.

Mysticfour

I didn't think anywhere would rent 1, but wife told me I had to  check.

No I have not pulled a trailer as of yet.

I have a hitch but have not installed it on bike as of yet,  planning but been to lazy.  I bought 1 of the Harbor Freight tag-a-long trailers but need to finish getting it ready.

And yes I plan to use that 1st by myself to learn about pulling a trailer before hooking up an expensive trailer to make sure I can do it good 

Galaxyhunter

If & when you get a camper, is this something for you & your Wife to use for a weekend get-a-aways,  Or do you plan to include you children?

Mysticfour

Just me and wife, kids grown and on their owm

Galaxyhunter

Oh,  That must have been your Grandchildren you brought to the Ill M&G a couple of years ago?

Mysticfour

Yes, my grandkids were with us at that time,  my daughter and her hubby got forced to work that day 

Ghost Rider 2

If you are still interested in a motorcycle camper.  There is a great deal on a bunk house camper over on the GL1800 site.  Guy wants $1400. for it and it is a king size bed unit.

Galaxyhunter

Hey Ronnie,   Did you find any camper rental places?