Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Bbuzz

No handlebar backlights

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Bbuzz

Just bought this bike on Boxing Day, a Xmas present to myself, 2002 GL1800 black with 72k Kms.

Learning as much about the bike for a trip to Alaska this summer.

Did fork seals and bushings, did brake fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, changed plugs. Tires and brakes were done by previous owner.

Just realized that there is no backlights on the handlebar for all the switches. 

I have a shop manual on my iPad but cannot find much about this subject. It seems that the ignition switch has a section for illumination control, am I right ? Can use all the help I can get, thanks.

OnaWingandaPrayer

You are not alone. I think this is another mistake Mother Honda made in building a new bike.

After two years of  Fuel injection available on the 1200 series the 1500 gets only carbs. The GL1500 had backlights on the controls.  Yet from what I can learn, they dropped them on at least the earlier 1800s. :(   

91Winger

Careful boys. My 91 SE does not have handlebar switch backlights, other sites say some have them some don't

AZgl1800

for a bike as expensive as the 1500s and 1800s were, to not have backlit controls is atrocious.

bcihil

Honda started with the  1800 backlilit controls on the 2004. There used to be a kit you could install which included a stick overlay, but that is long gone.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,