Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
jobe05

2018 NAGF 4th Spring Blue Ridge M&G

95 posts in this topic Last Reply

NC Aspenwing

Few pictures from Willville meet and greet today.

DSCN0099.JPG

DSCN0100.JPG

DSCN0101.JPG

DSCN0103.JPG

DSCN0104.JPG

DSCN0105.JPG

DSCN0106.JPG

DSCN0108.JPG

DSCN0107.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Halfling

Got back to my sister's home in Banner Elk safely last night. Had a great day at Willville! Good friends, good conversations and great food!!! Thank you so much John (Jobe05) and Becca for putting on this great event again this year, you guys are awesome!!!

Will be traveling on to my son's new home in SC later this week!

Steed
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, Monkeytrucker said:

Put your tent down next to the babbling brook.  Just might get it washed out in the middle of the night.  Estella wishes we were there.

I had that spot last year Gary, and it was already taken when I arrived this year.

Where to begin.  Home safe/sound and wet at 5:40 pm.  450 miles to catch a down-pour 3 miles from my exit.  John and Becca, there just aren't enough words to describe mine and everyone els's gratitude for all of your grace and hospitality.  So good to see so many old friends and swap stories over cocktails and "Candy Apples".

If anyone wants to ride some INTERESTING roads.  Try to get a hold of JGL's route from Willville to US 19.  He claims we crossed the New River three times.  I caught myself scraping pegs a few times when I wasn't watching my lines.  I was laughing so hard from watching Jim's trailer bouncing off, and around the road while he was leaned over.  That Canadian gentleman is one fine rider. (he's also a lot of fun)

I'm sorry to have missed the driveway white water kayaking event, but I sure had a great time.  Thanks again,    Terry

Edited by Steed
  • Like 1

brianinpa

Home safe after and eventful and wet ride home... but it was worth it.  Great time, great food and a lot of fun seeing old friends and making new friends.

Thanks John and Becca once again for another terrific event.

• Like 2

Dusty Boots

John (jobe05) and I stayed over last night and will be pulling out this morning, he for home and I for another campground as I continue on my way towards Tellico Plains TN and Atlanta.

What another great event hosted by John and Becca, who I can't thank enough!!!!!   :angel-praying-smiley-emoticon:

Great catching up with old friends and meeting/making new ones

Thanks again John and Brian for your assistance !!  ..........  Already looking forward to next years event.

Dusty

• Like 1

JGL351

Hi everyone

I got home about 10:30 last night.  The rain over north PA was very heavy. I even took shelter at a rest stop for half an hour during one of the intence downpours.

I guess it was’nt really bad because I could still see enough of the road to find the exit ramp.

The route arround the construction on I77N at WV 0-9 was lots of fun hilly and twisty, I only remember one significant peg drag corner.  It was very tight with wavy and broken pavement.  I am happy to hear Terry had lots of fun watching the trailer bounce arround the corners.

My thanks again to John and Becca for hosting another great weekend.. for next year can we have a little less rain... maybe a lot less rain?

PS. John you should check the pouch on the backrest of your bike.  I saw some suspicous looking charators hanging around and I cannot guess what they might have been doing. ;) 

• Like 1

JGL351

The detour route 

Willeville - #58w - I 77N - I 81N - 100N - 460 - 219 -12 - 3 - 20 - I 64E - 20N - 60 - 41 - 19N - Summersville.

According to Garnin the direct route on I 77 and 19 to Summerville is 166 mi - 2 h 42m,  the detour was 179 mi - 3h 53m. ( I thing we shaved a couple of minutes off that)

jobe05
2 hours ago, JGL351 said:

PS. John you should check the pouch on the backrest of your bike.  I saw some suspicous looking charators hanging around and I cannot guess what they might have been doing. ;)

You are such a pain in the ARSE!!!!!!!  And whoever your cohort was!!  I purposely went out Sunday Morning and went through every cubby, crack and crevice on that bike looking for hidden "Stuff" that you guys would plant so I could return it.  That was the only pocket that I didn't think to check.........

I had a great time and glad that everyone had a good time.  I really enjoy seeing all the people who return every year, and the members that were able to make it for the first time, it's always a pleasure.  Next year, I think we are going to turn this into a 3 day event, Thurday, Friday Saturday (leaving sunday morning) as just one full day just is not enough time for most of you that have to travel such a distance.  However, it's extremely humbling knowing that people are willing to travel even if for a day.....

Becca and I are home!!  Trailer, Bike and Car are unloaded.  Now to clean everything up and get ready for Indiana!!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

zipp

I want to thank John and Beca for another great gathering. I got back with a little problem. But I can fix it up. Thanks again

jobe05
2 hours ago, zipp said:

I got back with a little problem. But I can fix it up

What Happened???  Nothing serious I hope.

brianinpa

Hey John... could you please tell us how Becca makes those potatoes? 

jobe05
2 hours ago, brianinpa said:

Hey John... could you please tell us how Becca makes those potatoes? 

How come she gets credit for making those?????  I made them!!

The real recipe calls for a pound of salt per 5# of new potatoes (small potatoes).  We never cook 5# at a time, so I adjust the salt based on what we cook.  Maybe 1/2 to 3/4 pound to 3 pounds of potatoes.  When we were at Willville, I cooked 16# of potatoes and 2 pounds of salt.  I add the salt to the hot water to help dissolve it (even thought it doesn't really dissolve) once water come back to boil, add potatoes and cook till done, drain and serve.  sometimes we have a bunch of salt at the bottom of the pot incrusting some potatoes, we just rinse those off.  And don't forget the melted butter!!  Salted butter!!

Monkeytrucker

Dang Larry, the first photo just might scare anyone from looking at the rest.  Great photos.  Wish we had been there.

zipp

Well I hit a rock with the trailer, the trike missed most of it and it took out the trailer wireing on the trike and bent the jack on the hitch and put a hole in the fiberglass belly of the camper. all can be fixed.

brianinpa
(edited)
1 hour ago, jobe05 said:

How come she gets credit for making those?????  I made them!!

Is was the way she sold them...  thanks!

Edited by brianinpa

jobe05
11 minutes ago, brianinpa said:

Is was the way she sold them...  thanks!

She can make anything sound good........ 

NC Aspenwing

As John said It was good seeing y'all at Willville, Now to start getting things

ready for NASR-11. The next month will seem a year long.

Pearl Rider

Glad everyone made it home safe. A little wet weekend but still a great time as usual . I really enjoy seeing everyone again and hopefully more on the future 

zip it I hope the hole isn’t to big or maybe now is your chance for the new one we were talking about 

pwhoever

Well Chuck and I made it home safely tonight after staying out for a couple extra days to play. This was a fantastic gathering! Great food and great conversations. It was fun meeting up with old friends and making new ones. I can't say enough to John and Becca for all you did to make this such a successful event.  And at least for us, the weather played nice. Especially afterwards, we didn't catch a drop of rain...

• Like 1

jobe05

Glad you made it home safe Mike and that you and Chuck enjoyed your weekend with us, we sure enjoyed seeing you guys!!!!  I Hope you can make it out more often.

• Like 1