Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
jobe05

2018 NAGF 4th Spring Blue Ridge M&G

95 posts in this topic Last Reply

pwhoever

My brother in law, Chuck and I will be.leaving N/E Illinois on Wed May 30th and plan on spending that night somewhere along the Ohio/ West Virginia border. We can meet up with you, Dusty on Thur around Waynesboro later that day and then hopefully get a chance to do the northern edge of BRP on Fri down to Willville. How would that work for you?

Steed

Got some medical to tend to but I plan on heading out early Friday also.  Should arrive well before supper time.

Dusty Boots
11 hours ago, pwhoever said:

My brother in law, Chuck and I will be.leaving N/E Illinois on Wed May 30th and plan on spending that night somewhere along the Ohio/ West Virginia border. We can meet up with you, Dusty on Thur around Waynesboro later that day and then hopefully get a chance to do the northern edge of BRP on Fri down to Willville. How would that work for you?

Mike, I'll be leaving SW On on the 30th as well, spending Wed night at Loleta Campground, north of Brooksville, PA and then plan to spend Thursday night at Brandywine Lake Campground and then ride to Waynesboro Friday (just over an hour away from campground) and down the BRP to Meadows of the Dan/Willville.

Maybe we could meet up at Brandywine Lake Campground Thursday eve and then ride down together Friday??  -  https://goo.gl/maps/LHTZZ9N7exy

:puzzled-still:  Thinking you could grab a room in Lancaster, so it wouldn't be such a long day for your 1st day and then hook up at Brandywine Campground the next.  -  https://goo.gl/maps/fPwTBeEGcNM2

Would that work for you n Chuck???

Dusty

• Like 1

jobe05

Just for head count, Halfling told me that him and Nancy are coming out for the weekend also!!!

• Like 1

jobe05

I need to start shopping for this event.  If you haven't signed up yet, Please do so I can include you in the head count to make sure I will have enough food there.  So far, I see about 15 people coming.

brianinpa

Holy cow!  I just realized this is 2 1/2 weeks away!  I better get busy with my gear...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

AZgl1800

yes, this reminds me that I only have 3 weeks to get the Toy Hauler ready to go to Colorado Springs for our family reunion.

pwhoever
On 5/15/2018 at 11:21 AM, Dusty Boots said:

Mike, I'll be leaving SW On on the 30th as well, spending Wed night at Loleta Campground, north of Brooksville, PA and then plan to spend Thursday night at Brandywine Lake Campground and then ride to Waynesboro Friday (just over an hour away from campground) and down the BRP to Meadows of the Dan/Willville.

Maybe we could meet up at Brandywine Lake Campground Thursday eve and then ride down together Friday??  -  https://goo.gl/maps/LHTZZ9N7exy

:puzzled-still:  Thinking you could grab a room in Lancaster, so it wouldn't be such a long day for your 1st day and then hook up at Brandywine Campground the next.  -  https://goo.gl/maps/fPwTBeEGcNM2

Would that work for you n Chuck???

Dusty

That could work out well. I'm thinking pushing a little further and more south than Lancaster though. When Don and I rode to NASR last year, we stayed overnight in a decent place in Athens, OH. That would put it at just under 400 miles for the first day and then make the trip over to Brandywine just a little shorter as well.

• Like 2

Dusty Boots

Sounds good, Mike!  :thumbs-up:

I'll find you guys at camp when I roll in, as I'll have about a 7 1/2 - 8 hr ride down the back roads from Loleta Rec Site, including gas/pee/meal stops.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

Thought I'd better check over some of my gear for this trip.

The other day I noticed the shock cord in the tent poles of my 12 yr old 4 man tent had seen better days, so I went out and got some shock cord and restrung them.

1585018370_tentpolesrestrung.thumb.jpg.282647f010d372ec793acc22bf667a3a.jpg

188498960_newshockcord.thumb.jpg.4f7b6efe47537d9475953255dfef580a.jpg

Today I thought I had better set up that tent just to make sure everything is there and functioning as it should be.

862319233_IMG_2233-1.thumb.jpg.8331b863cf2a1d25ae54f4adccaf0cad.jpg

661607785_IMG_2236-1.thumb.jpg.9a39cfa50c5130e10b4ffdf487075aa0.jpg

1455190795_IMG_2235-1.thumb.jpg.facc9f210959d9515336088690c265ee.jpg

I also washed my rain gear and let it dry.

1017041739_IMG_2237-1.thumb.jpg.c4c07182dd8f04291f2aa354a26f1c0f.jpg

Yes, just a little excited to start another season of MotoCamping!!   :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

Dusty

• Like 2

Steed
(edited)

Rain Gear, we don't need no stinkin' Rain Gear.    I hope a hope a hope...

Edited by Steed
  • Yay 1

jobe05
6 hours ago, Steed said:

Rain Gear, we don't need no stinkin' Rain Gear.    I hope a hope a hope... 

NO.....  We need rain gear.......

As long as he we have our rain gear, we'll never need it!!!  It's when you don't have it that you know it's going to rain.

• Like 2

brianinpa

It's time... to start loading the trailer!

• Like 1

Dusty Boots
24 minutes ago, brianinpa said:

It's time... to start loading the trailer!

Way ahead of you, Brian!  :Cigar:

1444475045_IMG_2246-1.thumb.jpg.9e2b645a87a1f1a896879bfed9c91cad.jpg

1372206803_IMG_2247-1.thumb.jpg.1d6257ed73264551a2bb9473a26e6687.jpg

Just some last minute items and electronics which will be added the night before departure.

Dusty

• Like 1

brianinpa

I have all of my stuff packed and stacked in the basement.  I just need to move it to the garage, but first I wanted to stop my the local scale house and get an empty weight then I can go back and get a full weight to see exactly how much **** I am hauling.

Monkeytrucker

The Bride is bemoaning the fact that we are not going to be able to make it to the BRP event.  She was really wanting to go there to see everyone.  Hopefully some time during the summer we will run into some of the people who we call special.

sad cry GIF sad cry GIF

NC Aspenwing
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:05 PM, Monkeytrucker said:

The Bride is bemoaning the fact that we are not going to be able to make it to the BRP event.  She was really wanting to go there to see everyone.  Hopefully some time during the summer we will run into some of the people who we call special.

sad cry GIF sad cry GIF

Gary since you can't make the BRP event y'all ought to come to Indiana to the NASR rally!

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

We are seriously thinking about it.  Time and our bodies will tell.

• Like 1

Pearl Rider

Jobe add one more to your list.  Rooster is supposed to riding up with me. 

Steed

Well thanks to Alberto, I guess I'll be packing some rain gear for this trip...    :sad-face:

• Sad 1

Dusty Boots

All packed, hooked up and raring to go.

Is it Wednesday yet?

1307037707_trailerhookedupandrarintogo.thumb.jpg.32638d7ada459a53e804ffdac8b2f177.jpg

309978381_Allpackedandreadytoroll.thumb.jpg.8f84143b95e3baeb08990c33f42fd347.jpg

PS, jobe05 ....  I have some 'sweet stuff' for ya!

Halfling

Weather looks pretty crappy this week in TN (Alberto). It ain't looking so good in Meadows of Dan either.

Dusty Boots
(edited)

Yes, but it is what it is.

I'll be running in rain due to Alberto most of the way down. (3 days)

They have that big pavilion there at Willville

Edited by Dusty Boots

Halfling

I'm thinking we will have to adjust our plans a bit to account for the weather (yes we're wimpy). I'm not excited about traveling in almost constant heavy rains both to and from so our current plan will have us there on Saturday for the day but we will be overnighting at my sister's place in Banner Elk NC.

NC Aspenwing

Jobe05 we're still planning on being there on Saturday for the day.