Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker
  • Times running out!!! Order your NASR 11 Items NOW!!!
  • T-Shirt Orders Close on June 8th!!!
  • NEW NEW NEW...Official NAGF Flags Now Avaialble In Our Online Store!!!
  • Two Sizes Available!!!
  • Quantities are limited, Order NOW!!!
  • NASR 11 Store Is Open!!!
jobe05

2018 NAGF 4th Spring Blue Ridge M&G

45 posts in this topic Last Reply

jobe05

We need to start planning this years event.......  I just need to know whos coming for planning purposes!!

Dates Are:  June 1st, 2nd & 3rd 2018

Willville Campgrounds, Route 58 (1510 Jeb Stuart Highway ) - Meadows of Dan, Virginia 24120  (Exit Route 58 West off the Blue Ridge Parkway (Mile Marker 177.7) 
3/4 of a mile on the left) Map

http://www.willville.../campground.htm

Cost for camping is $10 per person per night during the event.  Electric is sporadic throughout the grounds (Bring extension cords).  No reservations are needed, just sign up so we can have an accurate head count for the camp host as I communicate the group needs.  Please keep in mind, nightly rates for days other than the scheduled event days, are at the parks normal rates, and cash or check is the only form of payment that Will accepts.

We will have free use of the campgrounds pavilion for the weekend, which has water and electric, a gas grill and plenty of shaded dry picnic tables, chairs and lounges.  This camp ground is a motorcycle only campgrounds.  If you have an RV, posted information regarding RV sites is below.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

Count me in. 

Already have my routes planned and entered on my GPS! ;)

I might just arrive on the Thursday, depending on when I get away from here.

27366721151_befd793d4d_b.jpg

27366723431_869eaa72ee_b.jpg

27162034970_6e250d8cc3_b.jpg

26829479274_2e472be590_b.jpg

27181991010_d5126abd41_b.jpg

27322618292_cbd1c2e3fe_b.jpg

27162036220_2d01799b4f_b.jpg

Edited by Dusty Boots
  • Like 1

JGL351

I am in... one of my favorite events

• Like 2

Rebel Girl

Can't wait. See you all then.

• Like 2

AZgl1800

Wish I could say that I will be there, but I have to be in Colorado Springs on the 8th.... that is just way too close to make it back, and head west again.

jobe05
11 minutes ago, AZgl1800 said:

I have to be in Colorado Springs on the 8th.... that is just way too close to make it back, and head west again.

No it isn't......  You'll have at least 3 or 4 days in between all the travel!!  You can do it......

• Like 1

brianinpa

I have every intention of being there.

• Like 2

NC Aspenwing

Will ride up Saturday for the day.

• Like 2

Steed

It's back on my calendar and I'll start packing tomorrow...

• Like 3

zipp

I am planning on it

• Like 2

jobe05
11 hours ago, zipp said:

I am planning on it

I was wondering where you've been and hoping you would be there!!

• Like 2

pwhoever

I'm going to try and be there this year and maybe see what I've been missing out on. I won't know for sure until the date gets closer. So put me down as a maybe for now...

• Like 3

pwhoever

Well, the wife has green lighted this trip along with a couple other for this year so I am planning on being there.

One thing that I have been wanting to do for some time now, and this seems like the perfect opportunity, is to ride the entire Blue Ridge Parkway. I figure I can ride some of it on the way to the gathering and finish the rest afterwards before heading back home. Any tips and clues about the best way to do this?

• Like 2

Parman

I've road the entire length. Starting from the north and heading south its boring on the north end. It's 45 mph for almost the entire route so plan accordingly. No stop lights or stop signs except the exits. I've rode the southern half 4 or 5 times now and would have to say its my favorite part. Northern end is more prairie and plains with the southern end being twisty and mountains.

If you ride straight to Meadows Of Dan you can do the northern section up to Waynesboro and back in and be back in time for dinner or you can run I81 interstate up to Waynesboro and ride the BRP back to Meadows of Dan. just depends on how soon you want to get back.

I would allow at least 2 days to make the southern end of BRP from Meadows of Dan. Its a good two days ride. Keep in mind you will need to exit the BRP for any fuel of food. There is none available on the BRP.

• Like 2

Dusty Boots

Just head from Chi Town over to the start of the BRP at Waynesboro, VA and follow it on down!  -  https://goo.gl/maps/mkNjZQMgppL2

Make sure you gas up in Waynesboro as there are no gas stations along the BRP. Everything (except for a few campgrounds) are off the BRP!!  -  http://www.virtualblueridge.com/

I plan on spending the night before (or maybe Wed night) at Brandywine Lake Campground in WV and then heading down to Waynesboro and the BRP to Willville if you are interested in hooking up on the way down?

I'll also be heading south after this event to another camp out the following weekend at Tellico Plains, called the Cherohala Chill Out

Not sure if I'll ride right down the BRP , spending the night at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground and then head on over to Hunt's via the BRP/Great Smoky Mountains NP, or saunter on over along 58 to Damascus and wander over to Cardin Bluffs CG. before heading to to Little Switzerland to pick up the BRP again over to BRMC.    -   https://goo.gl/maps/oPzPzMmekiy    :puzzled-still:  

• Like 2

pwhoever

Dusty, I will let you know about meeting up before the event. Thanks. As far as the Chillout, I would live to do that again but unfortunately won't have the time, sorry.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

No worries, Mike!  :thumbs-up:

jobe05

Glad your coming Mike, Looking forward to seeing you. 

Just to put it on the thread, Alan (Pearlrider) sent me a text and said that he would be there as well.  Has to work till 5 but will there before dark (Knowing Alan, that means between 10 and 11 PM) on Friday.

Pearl Rider

That is a Good possibility jobe bit I am Gona try to leave work at 4 that should put me there by 6 for sure.   If not y’all just hold the lights and I will get set up in the dark.  Done it before 

jobe05

OK, for Friday, we will keep the grill hot till 6:15........  Notice I didn't say we were holding dinner, just gonna keep the grill hot.....

• Haha 1

Pearl Rider

Just have the beverages cold 

Dusty Boots

Seeing as this event is drawing close .......

I thought I'd post my intended route to Willville with campgrounds in case anyone (Terry, Mike, Brian, Jim?) is interested in hooking up on the way there

I haven't decided whether I'm leaving on the 29th, or 30th yet, but can tailor that to any responses

The intended route  -  https://goo.gl/maps/prbunT8wkgx

Staying over at Loleta Rec site 1st night

Brandywine Lake Campground  the 2nd night

Dusty

Edited by Dusty Boots

brianinpa

I'm leaving home early the morning of the 1st.  I have about a 5 hour ride straight down I81, so unless you are a late riser on your second day, I'm not sure it will work for me.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

I tend to stay off the Interstates as much as possible, thanks

brianinpa

Me to, but not this trip down...

• Like 1