Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Bud2rat

New seat / trunk relocation

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Bud2rat

Well, I have finally got the "ole girl" comfortable to my liking. I recently upgraded to a Ultimate Seat and I moved the trunk back 3 inches. The seat moved my riding position back 1 1/2 inches thus taking away some of the wife's room, to compensate for this I moved the trunk back 3 inches. WOW! what a difference this made for both of us. I have always felt the Wing was too cramped for my 34" inseam. I took her out yesterday for a 150 miles trial run and I am very pleased with the results. I can't take credit for the trunk movement as I got the instructions from a member on the GL1800 forum. I am now ready for my trip to Canada this June.

• Like 2

Halfling

Let's see some of those pictures Bobby! We love pictures here!

pwhoever

Yes, pics and maybe post the info on doing the trunk relocation. I have the stock seat still but I think my passenger would appreciate a little more room...

Dusty Boots
On 3/18/2018 at 1:38 PM, Bud2rat said:

Well, I have finally got the "ole girl" comfortable to my liking. I recently upgraded to a Ultimate Seat and I moved the trunk back 3 inches. The seat moved my riding position back 1 1/2 inches thus taking away some of the wife's room, to compensate for this I moved the trunk back 3 inches. WOW! what a difference this made for both of us. I have always felt the Wing was too cramped for my 34" inseam. I took her out yesterday for a 150 miles trial run and I am very pleased with the results. I can't take credit for the trunk movement as I got the instructions from a member on the GL1800 forum. I am now ready for my trip to Canada this June.

Having the same length inseam, that is one of the major reasons I didn't buy a 1800!!!!

Monkeytrucker
17 minutes ago, Dusty Boots said:

Having the same length inseam, that is one of the major reasons I didn't buy a 1800!!!!

Being my body is much longer from the jewels to the top of my head I have the same length inseam as you guys.  With the suspension pumped up it is a real problem.  With it let down it is not so much except for the loud speaker and helmet thumping system that sits behind me complains the bumps are not as soft.  Big fix was when they redid the soles on my boots I got them to put thick hiking boot tread on.  Hard to believe a half a inch makes.  The main idea is to ride and not have to put your feet down.  My boy learned to ride on the SL175 when he was about 9.  Could not put his feet down so he would ride down in ditches so he could put his feet down.  Our daughter learned to ride on the XL 350 around 5-6 years.  She rode around the pasture but dad had to get her started and catch her to stop her.  

ridhome video family GIF

Bud2rat
dadztoy

that link just goes to the GL1800 Riders Forum...  Do you have a specific URL for the seat relocation article(s)???

Monkeytrucker

I made a simple bracket to move the trunk on the 1200 we had back by 3".  Made "The Bride" happier.