Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Halfling

Elevated Garden Planters

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

I'll be making these again this spring trying to bring in a few extra dollars. Sold 10 last year and already have 2 orders in from repeat customers this year! Material cost about $75 and I sell for $135 (delivered locally).

If anyone here wants the plans and materials list to either make for themselves or make and sell them just let me know, I'd be happy to provide!

Here's the text I use on Marketplace

Well constructed elevated planter. Built when ordered, 3' X 5', 13" deep, 33" high. Screen/mesh bottom with additional cross support, perfect for those who don't want to bend down or get on your knees to garden. Can easily be made a bit lower for wheelchair access! Treated lumber used for legs and cross support only, box is untreated making it safe for vegetables! Soil and plants are NOT included! Free delivery in Rutherford County. Very affordable delivery available in Middle TN. $135 per unit COD please. 

DSC00953.JPG

DSC00946.JPG

DSC00946a.JPG

20170527_120501.jpeg

AZgl1800

Nice,

I forgot how to garden when I left the farm.

Told the folks that I had all the hoe handles, and shovels that I ever want to see again.

NC Aspenwing

Looks good John

Halfling

Sold and delivered 4 last week. Have the trailer loaded with 6 for a customer taking delivery tomorrow and she wants 5 more in two weeks. Also have two more to build for a repeat customer next week. That's 17 total this year, only made 10 last year.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

John, both of us know that if we make money with projects like that our wonderful brides will spend it and then expect we make more so they can spend it.  Vicious circle.  Next thing you need to do is use that new trailer, put a blue tarp on, buy bulk planter box medium and sell them with soil added.  Of course you could buy a small forklift so you could have them pre-loaded with soil and simply pick them up with the lift and place them where they want them.  Of course you could also sell them pre-planted.  Put some drippers in the boxes and a timer so they can hook up a hose and not have to worry about watering.  The mesh fence for tying up plants would be another option. Mulch the top so weeds will not grow and you have a no mess, fuss and weed pulling.  Nancy could start her own side business of going around caring for planters.  You might get so successful that you will have to move production into a larger building, hire employees,  make so much money you could buy a newer trike.  Of course the business would take all of your riding time.....

Halfling

Update: I made and sold enough of these this spring to pay for my privacy fence to be pressure washed and stained! I'm pretty happy about that! I also found a guy online that was selling several 5 lb boxes of T-25 deck screws for half the price of the big box stores. I bought 3 boxes of 3" and 3 boxes of 2.5 " for next season which reduces the cost of construction! Sweet!

As a side note, I'll be making outdoor furniture this year as well and I have been collecting plans off the internet to determine what I'll be making that could have enough of a profit margin to make it feasible. Any ideas you would like to share would be welcome!

AZgl1800

the price of steel just jumped, you might want to go back and get all of his screws

BigBob

Those planters look nice.  My brother made a similar raised planter for our mother as she got too old to be bending and kneeling.  I loved the fresh vegi salads she would feed me when I visited and it all came from her garden.

• Like 1