Sign in to follow this  
Halfling

***New Forum Tutorial: How To Use The "Wing Nut" System

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

How To Use The "Wing Nut" System

The Wing Nut System is simply a way to have a little bit of fun while promoting community participation. That's it, nothing to take seriously and it's all in good fun! Note: This system is for Members and while "New Members" will continue to earn Wing Nuts in the background, they will not be able to interface with the system until they attain Member status.   Special Note: The Administration retains the option of arbitrarily adjusting anyone's supply of Wing Nuts as they see fit. This will prevent anyone from running away with their totals (like Roscoepc) . In addition, from time to time it may be necessary to "zero out" everyone's balance in the interest of fairplay.   Note: the pictures used in this instruction are taken using the "Infraskew (Maroon)" theme. Using a different theme will make some of the items look slightly different however the functionality remains the same.   The very first thing you'll see that is different is that there has been a new addition to the Menu Bar "Wing Nut System". When you HOVER over it a drop-down will appear with several items to select from. (See Pic #1). Pic #1   First, we're going to take a look at the "Wing Nut Leaderboard" by Clicking on it from the drop-down list. The Leaderboard gives you a good idea of which Group (on the left side) and which Members (on the right side) are leading the Wing Nut race! (See Pic #2 and Pic #3). Pic #2 Pic #3   Next we'll take a look at "My Wing Nut Bank Account" by clicking on it in the drop-down list. This is where you will manage your Wing Nuts and keep them safe and secure. You can move them to/from your current stack (it's like having Wing Nuts in your wallet) and to/from your Bank. Your Bank earns interest but your stack (wallet) is what shows to everyone else including the Leaderboard. (See Pic #4 and Pic #5) Pic #4 Pic #5   You can also be a benefactor to another member (if you earn a lot of points and feel generous) by clicking on "Donate Wing Nuts To Another Member" from the drop-down list. It's pretty easy to use, just start typing in the members name and it auto-fills for you. Then you select the amount and hit "Save". Of course, YOU CAN'T DONATE MORE THAN YOU HAVE AVAILABLE!!! (See Pic # 6, Pic #7 and Pic #8) Pic #6 Pic #7 Pic #8     Once you have a few Wing Nuts burning a hole in your pocket, you can stop by the "Wing Nut Store" and shop around. You'll see several items within the Wing Nut Store available for purchase. Most have a good description so you can see what's available although new items may be added from time to time! Some inventories are limited and restocking is not always immediate. If you see something you want to buy simply click on the "Buy" button on the right side. (See Pic # 9 and Pic #10) Pic #9 Pic #10   So, now you've earned some Wing Nuts and spent some of them in the Wing Nut Store. What now? Well, you look at your list of items you've purchased by clicking on the  "My Wing Nut Purchases (List)". Here you will see your entire inventory of purchased items and most importantly, you can redeem them by clicking on the Redeem button! (See Pic #11, Pic #12, Pic #13 and Pic #14) Pic #11 Pic #12 Pic #13 Pic #14   Lastly, you might ask "How do I earn these "Wing Nuts" anyway?". Well, there are several ways but most of them are directly related to your activity on the forum. Also, if you put Wing Nuts in your Bank then you will earn interest on your balance, Moderators get a small weekly salary for all their hard work and dedication, and there are bonus Wing Nuts available for just logging in (daily, weekly and monthly). I'll let the pictures tell rest of the story. (See Pic #15, and Pic #16) Pic #15 Pic #16 There you have it! Enjoy your Wing Nut experience and most of all, HAVE FUN!!!!

roscoepc
4 hours ago, Halfling said:

Special Note: The Administration retains the option of arbitrarily adjusting anyone's supply of Wing Nuts as they see fit. This will prevent anyone from running away with their totals (like Roscoepc) .

:SmileyTooth::SmileyTooth::SmileyTooth::SmileyTooth:

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

He sounds like the IRS.  :surprise:    TEE HEE.  

• Haha 1

roscoepc

If you knew how many I had you'd think he was worse than that!!!!! :blink::lol::P

Halfling

You mean like this?

2018-01-24_22-01-10.jpg

• Haha 1

roscoepc

I guess that "Interest Dealie" when you put your winnings in the bank works!!! I could'a SWORE it wasn't a Nut over about 330,000 or so...... :blink:B);):P

Halfling

That total doesn't take into  account that you spent about 150,000 Wing Nuts in getting there...so, your estimate is probably right. :59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM:

• Haha 1

Halfling

roscoepc

Well... I WAS rolling pretty good 'till ya caught me......:SmileyTooth: