Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker
  • Times running out!!! Order your NASR 11 Items NOW!!!
  • T-Shirt Orders Close on June 8th!!!
  • NEW NEW NEW...Official NAGF Flags Now Avaialble In Our Online Store!!!
  • Two Sizes Available!!!
  • Quantities are limited, Order NOW!!!
  • NASR 11 Store Is Open!!!
Monkeytrucker

Nothing so sad as looking at

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Nothing so sad as looking at the Aspen sitting in the dog house all alone.  It should be trailing the 1800 down the highway going some where.  It is also sad to see the 1800 sitting in the hangar and not pulling the Aspen.

It is a vicious circle!!! :ANGRY:

brianinpa

Well Gary I can relate except I have two bikes just sitting there waiting for warmer, drier weather...

NC Aspenwing

Same here Gary, Except mine Is a 1500 pulling a Escapade trailer.

Monkeytrucker

Got the Aspen out of the dog house this morning.  Hooked onto it with the ZTR mower while the yard is solid and pulled it out and around the yard in a circle, then put it back into the dog house.  Just was to rotate the tires to keep flat spots from happening.  Did the same thing for Frankentruck  just to charge his battery a bit and get oil to all of the gears.  Took him up the road and back.  "The Bride is demanding" I get out of the house and do some small welding projects.  Her suggestion is to build some more board track racers for sale.  Guess I need to do that.  

Bud2rat

I have a 2016 Lees-ure Lite camper that I really enjoy.  It also is sitting in the garage with my 2 bikes awaiting some warmer/dryer weather .  I miss riding.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

I walked by the dog house, petted the Aspen and told it we will be going on a camping trip soon.  I think it understood what I was saying.  Come on good weekend so we can make a trip to Land Between the Lakes.

Halfling
13 hours ago, Monkeytrucker said:

Come on good weekend so we can make a trip to Land Between the Lakes.

Be sure to let us know when you are heading there Gary!!!

Monkeytrucker

Sure will.  They are open now but some sites do not have water turned on yet.  The boss would put the stuff in the camper in a heartbeat but she will not ride for at least 2 weeks due to her cataract removal tomorrow.

Monkeytrucker

The gold wing is about ready to come off the lift table nice and clean and serviced.  The Aspen is still sitting in the dog house and with all of the rain this monsoon season we are having it is trapped.  Going to LBL or some Army Corps of Engineer campgrounds is calling.  

Army C. E. does not seem to have a very comprehensive listing of their campgrounds around the country.  We like them because with your senior pass they are half price and their prices are very low to begin with.  The BLM Campgrounds give you a discount with your senior pass but not half off like ACE.

So we are watching the weather forecasts for 3-4 days of no precipitation and fairly decent temps.  First break and we are gone.  I do need to put another brake controller on and put it into a more water tight box on the tongue.  The sun got to the tupperware box last year and let water into it.  Killed the controller.

Monkeytrucker

Walked by Ginger's Dog house where the Aspen is stored.  Sure want to pull it out and head to LBL for a couple nights.  Every time the temps get good the rain is also plentiful.  LBL has more interesting things to see but Army Corps of Engineers campgrounds are about half the nightly rent.  Senior pass at LBL makes the nightly rate about $18.  Army Corps are about $9 a night.  

Usually there are events going on in the areas around those areas.  Being mobility challenged and large crowds really bother me most events are not on my radar.  Estella likes them so I do tolerate some of them.  Always look for someplace to sit where crowds are not.

Monkeytrucker

The Aspen is out of the dog house and all hooked up.  We are headed north for our grandson's college graduation.  The SAD part is it is behind the Fiat 500.  My ruptured and collapsed vertebrae will not allow me to ride the bike for a while or even much other stuff which adds to the misery of being on the injured reserve list.

Did the damage moving the cuttings from the large dead oak tree.  We rassled them up onto the trailer and hauled them out to the trash pile and piled them into a pile 15' wide by 5' tall.  Some of those pieces were 15" in diameter and all were 24" long and picking them up and setting them over the side of the trailer did the deed. 

We have been looking for someone  wanting fire wood.  Thursday we were sitting out sitting in the sun on the front deck and looked back at the pile wishing someone would come get it.  The pile was gone.  On Monday I took the burnable trash out to the place we burn it and set it on fire.  Evidently the fire got to the pile of oak on the other side of the burn location and set it alight.  No pile any more just a pile of ash.  We sure would like to have seen it burn.

AZgl1800

Gary,

I never pick up anything heavier than about 15 lbs anymore, I always figure a way to leverage what ever it is, with tree stumps, I roll them to the trailer, then just pick up one end and let it flop onto the trailer's rear end, and the flop the other end into the trailer....

if that is too heavy, the chainsaw makes it smaller.

Monkeytrucker

Spent 3 nights in the Aspen beside our son's house.  Do not have their dogs and cats bothering us out there and the Aspen bed is much more comfortable.  Sunday night severe thunder storms went thru the area.  It is really nice in the camper because the rain and lightning are more thrilling.  Here at home it was in the 90s but up there close to the arctic circle in northern IL Galaxyhunter had the A/C turned down on low.  The little cube heater took the chill off and  made for good sleeping.  We folded up a very wet Aspen and got it set up when we got home.  Will leave it up so the grandson can sleep in it while he is here to pick up his new to him truck.  He has some small items that need repaired and he is capable of doing them.

The Aspen makes a great place for guests to have a neat place to sleep in.  It is like a tiny house for them and living in the country the bath room facilities are anywhere you want to make them.  Lots of trees.  Long garden hose for washing up and the lounge area is breezy and large.