Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Halfling

Got Out For A Nice Ride Today

43 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

Temps hovering at 66* today, overcast but periods of sun too. We got the trike out and Nancy and I headed for a ride just before lunch. We took the back roads (as usual) down to Manchester TN where we stopped in to Emma's  Family Restaurant for lunch at about 1:15. Parking lot was packed (after church crowd) and there were several bikes in the parking lot. We found a nice spot right next to a nice looking white wing. Had a great buffet lunch (fried chicken, fried fish, ham, fixins and desert for $8.29 per person (plus drinks). What a deal for a great spread!!! Then we took the long way home over through Lynchburg, Shelbyville and Eagleville. Just got back! 130 miles on the clock! :59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM:

• Like 3

AZgl1800

makes my trip yesterday a bit impish.... I made it to Vera and just looked around a bit,  20 miles total, but at 10-12 mph you see a lot.

Mountain Rider

I'm so jealous!!!  :BigFatCry:

Monkeytrucker
13 hours ago, Mountain Rider said:

I'm so jealous!!!  :BigFatCry:

That makes 2 of us! :BigFatCry: :BigFatCry:

Ghost Rider 2

I am just waiting for that day that I can get back on mine.  Extended forecast looking little better.  May get a short ride in the next week.

jobe05

I went around the block on mine....  does that count?

Monkeytrucker

Only if you did it both directions.  :happy:

Bluthundr31

Got out for a "Dam" run yesterday. . . there are half a dozen decent sized reservoirs/dams close by so I hit most of 'em.  Lots of fishermen and TONS of bikes out for a sunday drive.  One of the best "scenery rides" in a long time.  Makes ya feel happy to be out and about.  Must've made me feel "generous/giving" cuz I saw a group of "PARKED" Harleys with their owners drinkin beer on the shoreline, and one of the bikes had emergency flashers going like crazy.   I watched it for a few minutes, , , pondering if I "should", , , then decided to go let the owner know so his battery didn't go dead.  I parked my beast and walked the 150-200 yrds up the hill to the burned down skeleton of a local biker bar (burned down 20 yrs ago).  The "egg-on-his-face" was classic, not to mention the ration of crap the others gave him.  Alas, when he ran back to his bike, the battery wouldn't even start the bike, , , I snickered as I rode off and turned my radio up louder.  5 minutes later another Harley was stopped beside the road so I checked to see if all was OK.  He was lost and running dangerously low on gas, (he was on his mapquest app to find a station) , , ,I said I'd lead him to the nearest station (5 miles away) and we made it all the way without running out . All-in-all, , , IT WAS A GREAT DAY!!!! 

Bluthundr31

Made another run around the "dams" and hit the ones I missed last time.  DAM WE NEED SOME WATER!!!!  I know you folks in the midwest are getting our share of wet/snow so could you guys give some of it BACK????   We're gonna "pay" for this nice weather this summer when we have no water,  but DANG its fun to be riding now.  Bike is running great and that cheap $20 radio looks/works darn good!!!  I decided to put a bunch of MP3 tunes on a "thumb drive" and played em in the USB drive.  Darn thing charges the iPhone OR plays music in that USB port.  BEST $20 I SPENT IN A LONG TIME.

• Like 1

Bluthundr31

Got out for a 30-35 mile run into Silicon Valley for some "meds" today.  Temps were cool-"ish" but the beast and I had a GREAT run.  

BTW, , , we're still waiting for some wet stuff from you mid-west folks!!!  We sure could use some, , , ,

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

As one who lives in the mid west we would be more than glad to send you as much water as you want.  Rivers are well over their banks and most are many feet over flood stage.  The Ohio at Louisville, KY is causing extreme flooding,  The Wabash river and the Embarrass river here are still rising and there is more rain up stream.  

You get dry we get wet, we get dry and you get wet.  Global weather is really screwed up.  

Glad you got a good ride.

happy homer simpson GIF

AZgl1800

temp was nice enough to ride, but chores called.

The tree blew down a few weeks ago, but cold nasty weather made us decide to leave it lie.

Today, serviced the chainsaw, the chain was off the bar !@#$%^, filled it with chainbar oil, gas, and whittled the tree down into small pieces we could pick up and just throw over the fence.

Another day, we will pull the trailer around and pick it up, haul to the burn pile.

Just as we finished up, the sun gave us a nice treat.

Tree over fence.jpg

Tree Down.jpg

Pretty Sunset.jpg

Bluthundr31

Well, , , all you mid-west folks stay dry and safe fer sure.   I don't want ANY of m'friends to be in harms way.  Gary, , you musta told the weatherman what I said, , cuz he just said we are expecting 3/4" of wet stuff tonight.  GOOD JOB!!!  I never realized how much pull a "monkeytrucker" had with "mother-nature"!!!

I cleaned up the beast and put her up for the day, so she'll be clean and dry after the "monsoon" Gary ordered up for us, , , 

Monkeytrucker

We had strong rain and big winds this morning.  Even blew out the pilot light in the furnace.  Quit raining about noon but the wind was still blowing hard.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be sunny but Monday and Tuesday are predicted to be rain and Wednesday rain snow mix.  

This crazy wet and reasonably warm winter will probably be followed by a hot dry summer.  The road instead of being mud will be "bug dust."

sad inside out GIF

Bluthundr31

A nice, easy 40+ mile trip around the dams shows that they STILL NEED MORE H20!!!  Hey Gary, , , u got some 'splainin to do, , ,do another "rain-dance" for us!!!

It was a fantastic day out there, no broke harleys but TONS of crotch-rockets flyin around scaring most cars they passed crossing double yellows, , , ,they'll learn (someday).

AZgl1800

harbor freight got $70 out of my wallet today, too cold to ride though.

Bluthundr31

I'd left the key on in "ACC" mode by accident.  Disconnected a dead battery and put it on the tender, , , ,GOOD TO GO!!!

The cloudy, overcast skies are clear and the "wet stuff" has gone, , , so time to gun the beast on some backroads!!!!  

A fantastic ride for sure!!!  I'm feeling MUCH BETTER  about "LIFE" now.   

Bluthundr31

Low to mid 80's here, clear skies and great "riding weather"!!!  Had to take the Beast out and blow out the carbon from the exhaust a bit, , , until, that is, I saw that EVERYONE was out on the freeway heading to "granny's house" for Easter!!!  Jumped off the freeway and snuck back home on the backroads, , , I definitely won THAT battle.  Only about 40 miles added to the clock, (I was hoping for about 100), but a good day fer sure.   THE DOWNSIDE IS I FOUND A DRIBBLE OF FORK OIL ON MY FENDER!!!!  I just hope the beast holds together until after my brother comes down from WA.  Maybe I'll cool the jets on the beast until he gets here, , , hate to miss a good ride tho. 

Vito

I've been out riding about a half dozen times so far this year, even if the temps have been colder than I like. But here it is today, April 2, in northern Illinois, at 22 degrees and even with heated seat and grips I am not going riding. Worse yet, we have two days coming up this week that snow is predicted, SNOW! I think the whole global warming things is a hoax, at least around where I live. It seems like the older I get the shorter the riding season gets each year. Just this AM I decided that even if I go solo, sometime this season I am taking a  multi-week trip, probably out West, because I turn 75 in June and know that every year could well be my last, or at least my last riding year. I think I need to invest in some 3 season gear and just go for it. 

AZgl1800

yeah, 32 yesterday and 41 today.

jobe05

It’s been in the 70’s here for the past 3 days but I’m so backed up on outdoor work there’s been no time for riding.  Now they are calling for more snow on Saturday........  unbeiveable!!! 

AZgl1800

stayed under 41°F all day long, now that is is dark thirty and a bunch, it is up to 50* ??

tmw is supposed to get over 60, if it does, I will try to get out and ride.

Galaxyhunter
11 hours ago, jobe05 said:

It’s been in the 70’s here for the past 3 days but I’m so backed up on outdoor work there’s been no time for riding.  Now they are calling for more snow on Saturday........  unbeiveable!!! 

Well Yeah John,  why should we (upper Midwest) have all the fun?:Party:

jobe05

But I would rather you guys up north have all the fun.........

Please......  Take the fun...... 

Just give me the horrible, no fun 70 degree weather back........

• Haha 1

Monkeytrucker

John, we had snow on everything on Easter Sunday and today it is going to 70 degrees.  Everything is so soggy you cannot walk in the yard or drive on the road without throwing mud.