Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
OnaWingandaPrayer

Shopping Tires

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

OnaWingandaPrayer

Who are you folks using to supply tires . My 1500 needs a new set of sneakers.

KReitz124

ridersdomain.com.   used to be JakeWilsons.     got my last 2 sets there   best price at the time

• Like 1

NC Aspenwing

Cyclemax

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

I used J&P Cycles when I bought my Avons.  Best price I found anywhere and free shipping.  They were on my door step three days after I ordered them.  The Avon's are great, but the next time around I think I'll get Michelin's. 

• Like 1

AZgl1800

I can't remember, but I think "Mountain" was in their name.

I bought my Michelin RF tire from Tire Rack.

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

Thanks for the replies . Dennins Kirk and Cycle max were all I could think of.  

John, you have jogged the memory a bit as well . It may be Rocky Mountain ATV on your mind.  I also used tire rack for last PVT.

It just boggles my little brain(and wallet) that a pair of tires is nearing $400. these days:(  

This 1500 is one I plan to put on the market soon. I  ponder, will the investment on tires proportionally increase the value at sale time?  Though I wouldn't sell it without installing them.

Dusty Boots

Rocky Mountain ATV/Jake Wilson/Riders Domain are all affiliated and offer THE cheapest price of tires to your door when all is said and done

Ghost Rider 2

I have been buying my tires from American Motorcycle Tire - AMT for years  great prices everyday  no waiting for sales. I get 2 day delivery and fresh date codes.  They deal online, no phone number to be found.  No they don't send you shipping times or tracking #'s  You can create an account and chase it down yourself. But they don't chit chat and call or text or  email you.  They just sell tires at great prices. 

Monkeytrucker

What ever you do, buy balance beads for your tires.  Keeps them in perfect balance, stops cupping, makes the ride smoother and best of all will make your tires go a lot farther by stopping the above problems.  Old story but when you approach 3 times the miles on a front tire than the first 2 you become a believer.  Dark side on the back cut the tire costs by a ton.  We are running a Yokohama Envignor on the back and a E3 up front. 

• Thanks 1

AZgl1800

I agree with Gary,

Balance Beads of your favourite flavour   :crazy:

My front tire is an E3 with around 25,000 miles on it, and it still looks good....

I will replace it come summer though, as it is almost down to the wear marks.

The rear tire, is a Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16 RF ZP and has something like 10,000 miles on it and the only way I can tell it isn't new, is the little nibbles that stick up on a new tire are nearly gone.  It has pulled my trailer for over 5,000 of those miles.  I think tire is going to last the life of the bike    :cool:

Galaxyhunter
23 hours ago, OnaWingandaPrayer said:

Thanks for the replies . Dennins Kirk and Cycle max were all I could think of.  

John, you have jogged the memory a bit as well . It may be Rocky Mountain ATV on your mind.  I also used tire rack for last PVT.

It just boggles my little brain(and wallet) that a pair of tires is nearing $400. these days:(  

This 1500 is one I plan to put on the market soon. I  ponder, will the investment on tires proportionally increase the value at sale time?  Though I wouldn't sell it without installing them.

Seeing that tires are such a personal item,  You might consider just to  discount your price by the price of a set tires & let the new owner decide which tires to install. 

If you put on a set of say E4's,  that might be a deal breaker for some potential buyer.

Monkeytrucker

I agree with Carl.  If you only think it might need tires  then there are probably a few thousand more in them unless there is visible cupping.

I would put the price I want for the bike and not worry about tires.  Then if the buyer starts to quiver about the tires offer to have the tires put on before they buy it but you will split the cost.  So if you were asking 4,000 and they wanted new tires you offer to pay half of the new tires so the price would now be $4,250.  

Believe it or not that old used car salesman trick works time after time.  And the great thing about the deal is the dealer still gets his price plus half of the price of a $500 set of tires that his buddy at the tire shop will do for $300.  Tell people they are going to get $7,000 cash back on that new truck and they think "Wow, I got 7K back."  Well at least until they see the cost of that $7,000 show up in their payments for the next 7 years.

When we were dealing to buy some piece of equipment we thought we could sell for a profit we always dealt using $20 bills.  Stacks of 50 bills in each $1,000 pile starts looking impressive.  When you start getting near your ideal price you start getting reluctant to pull more money out of you pocket (never show you have a lot more in your pocket) and act like you are going to scoop up the money on the table, barrel or etc. and go home.  Stacks of 10 Benjamin's just is not as impressive.  One old trader said he would start laying out $10 bills and top the stack with $20 bills.  The size of the stack matters.  Bank wrapped bundles of ironed money works well, just fan them and remember to stack them.  SIZE MATTERS in the eyes of the person being snuckered into selling lower.  

If you are selling something that can be cleaned up, use armor-all protectorant on it, tire shine, and new car smell spray on the inside.