Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Indianawantsme

Moonshine Lunch Run-April 13th-14th 2018

21 posts in this topic Last Reply

Indianawantsme

A little later into April this year it seems.   I might have a few people following me this year on Sat.   

I screwed up and put Friday for arrival. 

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

I sure hope Estella and I can make it this year.  Maybe the only medical surgeries this winter will be my brain transplant.

• Confused 1

Halfling

Is this event really the 13th and 14th or just the 14th (Saturday)?

Never mind, I just found the schedule of events!

I posted this as an event on our Calendar...

Schedule of Events

*NOTE - Current as of December 26, 2017.

Friday April 13th - Lunch

Noon, Sharp! Jim Bolin and his crew will be cooking/smoking BBQ pork. He will supply bake beans and other sides. This will be at Jason's shop. Here is a Map to his shop.

Between 5:00 - 9:00 PM, we will once again meet at Richards Farm Restaurant in Casey, IL. This place has great food and is always a great time socializing. Please enter through front and pay before you eat. It will be 18.00 dollars which includes tax and gratuity. This year you can go to Richards Farm at anytime to pay in advance to avoid waiting in line. We will once again have the almost legendary "Awards Banquet" during the meal. We will shoot for 6:30 PM. It is a "Must Make" if at all possible! smile Here is a Map.

Saturday April 14th - Moonburgers!

Starting at 7:00 AM, We will be at Moonshine Store with the t-shirts and the sweet roll lady. Here is the Map.

The sweet roll lady will be selling her delicious sweet rolls. She donates her time, ingredients and all money taken in goes to charity. She will only be there from 7:00 - 10:00 AM make sure and get there early as these are GREAT. Make sure you thank her for all she does!

Remember, Helen will serve food until 12:30 PM or until the line finally dies out, but lets try and get ordered before 12:30 PM SHARP like Moonshine is famous for!

At 8:15 AM, there will be a "Blessing of the bikes" in Days Inn and Suites parking lot. Thanks to CMA Chapter #836! Here is a Map.

At 8:30 AM, the rough road riders will take off in search of creek crossings and gravel/dirt roads. Meet in the Days Inn and Suites parking lot. See map link above.

Between 5:00 - 6:30 PM, because of having so many people wanting to eat together, the Firefighters in Casey are going to put together a great Chili Supper. Chili, hot dogs, veggies, drinks, and cake will be provided. A 50/50 drawing will be at 6:30 PM. The supper and drawing go towards a new building for the Fire Department. It will be at the High School located at 306 E. Georgia. Hopefully, there won't be any calls this year! smile Here is a Map

You can either buy Chili Supper tickets in advance for 7.50 dollars or pay at the door for 8.00 dollars. We will have a list at the door of who has paid. Prepay will end Wed April 11, 2018 at 6:00 PM.

• Like 2

yooperfan

I just changed my work schedule for the whole year and now I have to work that weekend, so I guess I won't be there again.  I will get there one of these years, even if it's just for a day trip.

Monkeytrucker

The Bride and I are looking forward to attending the moon burger portion this year.  Have missed the last 2 years due to surgeries.   We always think back at watching Young and Bald going thru the almost hour long line for moon burgers not once but twice. 

• Like 1

youngnbald

The trick was to eat the first one at 9:30 am.  Right after enjoying the cinnamon rolls at the hotel that morning.  By noon, yes, I was hungry again and had to do another double bacon burger.5a721243aa3c2_20140315_005.thumb.jpg.fbc028b492958f99eaa3620cf699a4da.jpg

The photo was a different trip and had to do the double bacon and pulled pork to see how those were!  I approved!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Monkeytrucker

I was ribbing you but you sir turned the tables with that photo.  Whatever we have for supper will pale in comparison to that plate full.  

Hope you and Michelle are doing OK and the house projects are getting fewer. 

youngnbald

Got sick and that took the wind from my sails lately.  Michele developed a toothache and needed a root canal done so she is slowed down right now.  Trip to visit friends this weekend and visitors next weekend, so house projects are slow at this moment.  I am sure we will get our upswing going and who knows what will be next for us!

• Sad 1

Monkeytrucker

Buzzed up the interstate thru your area on 74 and 39 Friday and Sunday.  Waved at you both times.  Hope you two get feeling better.

• Like 1

Ghost Rider 2

I found this on another site today from   Il Rider

April 14th will be the 14th annual Moonshine Lunch Run. As Terry said many times, the MLR wouldn't happen without the moonshine store and the Tuttle Family. As many of you know, the Tuttle family has suffered tragic loss recently. The Moonshine family lives through their store and have been operating a successful business for many years now. It's an entire family effort that many members of the family give a lot to make the store run. With that being said, when there is loss, its hard to keep on keeping on. The MLR has been the store's largest event for the past few years and it takes a lot of effort to make it successful. Lots of friends and family help, lots of volunteers come to help and lots of motorcycles come to enjoy other bikes, people and eat a moonburger. I want to make sure everyone hears this, Moonshine store is NOT closing.......but the Moonshine Lunch Run needs to come to an end. There is a lot of emotions that we all have during this event with the absence of the founder Terry Hammond. Also there are tons of emotions that happen with the absence of family members of the Tuttle Family. I personally believe that if Terry were here now and could talk with the moonshine family, he would agree that its time for the MLR to be over. They say all good things come to an end. Now, in honor and respect of Terry, I can't see the the MLR can change to a different location or really change at all. So I will not continue the Moonshine Lunch Run after this year. The 14th annual will be the last MLR. This event has become a great event for our small communities and organizations. I ask that everyone share that the MLR is ending and lets make the last year the biggest!!! This has been a tough decision to make and it was made be several people so I ask that you all respect the decision made by the many people involved.

• Sad 1

Halfling

Thanks for posting this Jerry, I hadn't seen this as yet. Sad news indeed.

Monkeytrucker

Just looked at the weather forecast for this Saturday.  Looks like the Moonshine event just might be the MONSOON Lunch Run.  Thunder storms are forecast.  We are still going to be ready to go if the weather allows.  The first MLR we went to was one where we had wet spots in places we did not get that wet swimming.

Monkeytrucker

Thunderstorms still being predicted for Saturday.

Ghost Rider 2

I saw that this morning.  Will watch it up to time to leave.  I want to come down.  But I not riding in thunderstorms all day.

Monkeytrucker

Just looked at the prognostication.  The prediction is 60%.  As much as Estella wants to go and get herself a Moonshine shirt.  However I do not want to ride in thunderstorms unless it is on a trip 1,000 miles from home.  

flying london GIF by Paddington Bear

Indianawantsme

Weather looking better but could change.   All you guys farther West have it better to get to Moonshine earlier than us to the East.  Storms are supposed to roll through here from the West about 7am Eastern time.

We might wait until they pass and then head to Moonshine. Hopefully it comes through earlier.

Monkeytrucker

Looks like the mid day might not be rainy.  The killer for us in that with the rain they are predicting for Friday evening we would have to ride out in the mud.  Mother Nature is just not nice this year.  We rode the 3 wheeler out the paths to the hard road today, the road commissioner must be trying to burn as much diesel as he can.  He had ran the drag over the road more times in the last 3 weeks than last year. 

Ghost Rider 2

Unless I see major change I think I staying home.  I have been to several, seen rain, light snow, rode there in sub freezing temps, even seen sunshine a couple times.  But thunderstorms and heavy rain does not sound like idea ride day this time.  

Monkeytrucker
(edited)

Just looked at the prognostication for Moonshine.  Looks like a not so sunny day.  80% chance of rain.  

We had to make a trip to town today and met a group of sport bikes headed north.  Those guys live for adverse riding so I figure they will have fun crossing the creek you have to drive thru to come in from the south.

We are going to get the grandson's new to him pickup truck that he will not see for a month.  First payment is due the day after his graduation.  Welcome to the real world Karl.

Edited by Monkeytrucker

Indianawantsme

I rode to Moonshine Store today to check roads for high water and get a burger. 😄 Nice to be retired. 

A few other Wingers and bikers. 

About 260 miles today. 

Not sure if we are going tomorrow. 

Monkeytrucker

We went to get the grandson's pickup instead of braving the rain going to Moonshine.  Here, about 60 miles away, it was flat pouring this morning.

Local TV had an bit on evening news about it being the last year for a tradition.  WTWO is the station and you can see their piece on the internet.

Doubt if we could have gotten out on the Gold Wing without slinging mud.