Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

Who will admit to be the first

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Who will be the first to admit they put 2017 on a check or some other need to date paper and had to make the 7 into an 8?

Goldwings 4 Ever

I'm not admitting to anything, but at least making a 7 into an 8 is relatively easy.

• Like 1

brianinpa

Check?  What is a check?

Actually, I wrote one out the other day for my 2018 dues for the sportsman's club I belong to.  I saw that the previous check was for my 2017 dues.  On line banking sure has saved me a bunch in the cost for checks.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker
3 hours ago, brianinpa said:

Check?  What is a check?

Actually, I wrote one out the other day for my 2018 dues for the sportsman's club I belong to.  I saw that the previous check was for my 2017 dues.  On line banking sure has saved me a bunch in the cost for checks.

We use online banking to pay most of the bills.  We would like to go to a cash system like we did when we were first married but with the inflation in 54 years carrying that much cash is crazy.  So we use checks for groceries and other things.  We hate to use our credit cards as they are too easy to pay for items are needed and the social (in)security is gone.  Yes it is digging a hole but I have some toys we are trying to sell that hopefully we will get rid of mortgage, car payments and any other debt.  Of course the 2% we got as a raise in social (in)security after they raised the price of Medicare insurance gave me a whole $2 a month increase.  The biggest answer for us to enjoy retirement would be for us to get on the bike, ride to Reno or Mexico, get a quickie divorce, not tell anyone about it except social security, and we would get a $400+ a month raise.  I as the head of the household get full SS and Estella as spouse gets about 2/3 SS.  She paid more in to it than I did due to being unable to work because of a big health problem but she cannot be considered the head of the household.  Now if that is not sexism at its best what can it be called.  A divorce would require we have two separate addresses which we have.  I keep telling her it might be fun just to "shack up" like many couples do today.  However she has the crazy idea that some piece of paper she probably cannot find makes a marriage.  That paper was just designed so all of the little old ladies could mark on their calendar when someone got married and see if the child was born a little before 9 months.  That way they could put the mark of Sinner upon the couple and make them sit in the back of the church or keep them from attending.

grampa

Guess I'm old, still use paper and a little plastic.

AZgl1800

I write one check per year, Property Taxes so I get a stamped receipt "right now"