Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Monkeytrucker

NAGF 6th Annual Illinois M&G Sep 14 - 16, 2018

76 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

The campsite 'Reservation link' for Clinton Lake Rec Area is the following...

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/clinton-lake-state-recreation-area/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=IL&parkId=451791 <<<<<<<<<

NOTICE: Campsite reservations are NOT allowed until March 17th 2018.

The link will provide you directions and/or GPS coordinates,which is just a couple miles South of DEWITT, IL

We reserve our own campsites in the F-LOOP of the Whitetail campground of the state park. Buck (Rod) reserves campsite 17 and Jack usually reserves campsite 16 so the cooking tents are close and plenty of room.

WHEN you reserve your campsite PLEASE post on here if you are willing to share with another forum member

Please consider attending our 6th annual M&G!

A VERY SPECIAL UPDATE FROM erwjww (Jack)

On March 18 Jack posted:  Just got off the phone with Rod and he informed me that due circumstances beyond his control he's not going to be able to do the ribs this year and possibly for good. Future will tell us on this. So we're still going to do the MnG of course. I' thinking that we go ahead and do the Fri nite meal at Teds as usual and we'll figure something else for Sat nite. I can bring a grill from home and possibly just have it as a community grill and everyone can use it to cook there meals on for Sat.  Kinda of an everyone for their self scenario.  Thinking the breakfast will stay the same as before at the marina.

Open to suggestions here as I want this meet to continue as it is a great bunch of friends coming together that I look forward to every year. I will ill try to frequent here more often than in the past but that thing called work can get in the way.

Thanks for understanding. Jack

We are currently working on a new plan for our Saturday afternoon/evening meal. Stay tuned for updates!!!

FRIDAY evening, we will all ride/drive to Clinton for our evening meal around 5:30pm so folks have time to mingle and set-up camp.

Some of us usually reserve and show up Wed or Thurs afternoon, in case you feel like spending more time camping.

Hope to see you THERE!!! (Sept 14th, 15th, and depart the 16th).

• Like 2

Galaxyhunter

Hey Gary,  Where does the time clock stand now???

Monkeytrucker
(edited)

After consulting my astrological calendar, my astronomic charts, my calendar of fantastic events in the great failed state of ILL (I still like the 3 letter abbreviation for this state as it is more true) and have determined how many days until the 6th annual NAGF ILLINOIS MEET AND GREET.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

211 DAYS

done with finals happy dance GIF

Edited by Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

Today marks exactly 

200 days till the 6th

Annual NAGF Illinois

Meet and Greet

Hope those wild and crazy HD guys have that souped up refrigerator ready to fire up. 

Mysticfour

Hmmm, are we holding the 6th and 7th meet and greet at same time?  I need a countdown please

On 2/26/2018 at 7:42 PM, Monkeytrucker said:

Today marks exactly 

200 days till the 6th

Annual NAGF Illinois

Meet and Greet

Hope those wild and crazy HD guys have that souped up refrigerator ready to fire up. 

On 12/30/2017 at 2:50 PM, Monkeytrucker said:

Today is December 29th, 2017 and there is only

258 days till the 6th IL M&G.

Monkeytrucker
4 hours ago, Mysticfour said:

Hmmm, are we holding the 6th and 7th meet and greet at same time?  I need a countdown please

Well it is like this, I am old and my mind skips a date cog quite often. There are only 2 days I definitely remember,  The Brides Birthday and our wedding day.  Those are tattooed on the back of my eyelids.

So for the record. 

This year, September 14 - 16, 2018 is the biggest party of the NAGF calendar, the 7th annual Illinois Meet and Greet.

187 days and counting down!

Great times, great friends, great fireside chats (fire tending courtesy of Galaxyhunter) and do not forget, GREAT SLOW COOKED RIBS cooked by Buck and his cohorts.  

Mysticfour

Now I am confused,  looking at 2017 its listed as 5th meet and greet,  but 2018 is the 7th? 

When was the 6th? Did I miss 1 somewhere? 

Maybe I need meds because i'm thoroughly mixed up now 

Halfling

Let me dig into this a bit, I could have sworn that it was the 6th....stand by.

Mysticfour
(edited)

Monkey states in December that was the 6th but month or so later claiming the 7th, 

Posts in 2016 claims 4th, 2017 claims 5th, so the 6th makes more sense to me 

Edited by Mysticfour

Halfling

Yes, Gary made a typo, I've gone back in and fixed them all now, this year is the 6th!

star trek GIF

Monkeytrucker

It is the 6th annual NAGF Illinois Meet and Greet.  Nice catch on the dates.  

When you guys get old you will get the same way,  I hope not.  Anyway which ever it is in my mind, Alexa says it is 187 days from now.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

No typo, just a

stupid black and white GIF

Galaxyhunter

The reservation window opens up Saturday March 17, 2018.  

• Like 1

erwjww

I went ahead and reserved site 16.  Usually share with pwhoever.  I will probably have an update with some possible important information after the first of the week. I will post back when I get all my ducks in a row.  Can't wait. 

Galaxyhunter

I have reserved Site 11.

• Like 1

Halfling
32 minutes ago, Galaxyhunter said:

I have reserved Site 11.

Want to share again?

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter
43 minutes ago, Halfling said:
1 hour ago, Galaxyhunter said:

I have reserved Site 11.

Want to share again?

Sure,  I guess my hospitality wasn't very off-putting.  I'll try harder this year.  :Face-Angel-Sm:

• Like 1

Halfling

Ok, we'll try hard not to be offended!!

RHalbur

I am trying and will let me reserve a site for another 2 days. Bummer. 

erwjww

We asked them to do that Rick.  You've been shunned.  Lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Yay 1

RHalbur

Went in today and let me reserve my spot F18.

Will share again this year if anyone is interested.

Monkeytrucker

Hey Jack, despite my trying to make it the 7th annual it is only the 6th.  Still hard to believe one post by you about having an eyeball somewhere in the middle has grown into the greatest gathering of Gold Wing riders in Illinois and attracts fellow Gold Wing enthusiast from other states and countries.

Have site 13 reserved and anyone wanting to share it are welcome.

IMG_3530.thumb.JPG.196e67115391509848a87cfa7be869fd.JPG

2018 Illinois Meet & Greet photo coming September 16, 2018 

erwjww

Ok  Just got off the phone with Rod and he informed me that due circumstances beyond his control he's not going to be able to do the ribs this year and possibly for good. Future will tell us on this. 

So we're still going to do the MnG of course. I' thinking that we go ahead and do the Fri nite meal at Teds as usual and we'll figure something else for Sat nite. I can bring a grill from home and possibly just have it as a community grill and everyone can use it to cook there meals on for Sat.  Kinda of an everyone for their self scenario.  Thinking the breakfast will stay the same as before at the marina. 

Open to suggestions here as I want this meet to continue as it is a great bunch of friends coming together that I look forward to every year. 

I will ill try to frequent here more often than in the past but that thing called work can get in the way. 

Thanks for understanding. 

Jack

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Monkeytrucker

OMG!  Not about the ribs but about Rod.  Hoping all is well with him and Donna.  Without Rod & Donna, Jack, Beth, and others, the event would have never made it to the 2nd annual event.  Rod took it upon himself to ramrod the event, do ribs, and recruit those "rascals with the refrigerator", and he did that job above an excellence rating.

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

A self cookout on Saturday night sound fine to me.  If need be, I can figure out a way to strap my Weber kettle grill to my camper.  To me, the ribs are fantastic,  But this M&G is more then the food, 

It is hob-knobbing with all who come.

• Like 1
  • Yay 1