Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Monkeytrucker

NAGF 6th Annual Illinois M&G Sep 14 - 16, 2018

175 posts in this topic Last Reply

AaronzDad
4 hours ago, Mysticfour said:

I made it home, everything checked out fine, just might be sore for a couple days, I just have a bad feeling my bike is worse off than us, yes my wife was on bike with me but she was fine. When I check on bike tomorrow I will take a couple pictures. I may be looking for another bike soon if mines to bad off. I still paying for the loan that paid for the bike, but they gave me a personal loan for bike so I have the title

Great to hear there's no serious medical issues. Take it easy for a day or two though. As I'm sure they told you some strains and sprains don't show up until tomorrow.

Hopefully you can make it out there at least for a little while and we can meet ya.

Take care!

AaronzDad

Well that didn't go as planned. Yeesh.

I was on the bike Wednesday evening and noticed some inconsistency with the cruise control. When I play with the wires up near the switches I could make the problem go away or kill the cruise.
So Wednesday late evening I was in the garage pulling the switch box off the handlebars and cleaning all the switches, and looking for busted wiring. I've had this problem in the past and no matter how I pull and stretch the wires I can't seem to find any breaks. Dunno what the deal is.

When I put it all back together I discovered the throttle cable keeper in the grip had a broken tab and wasn't holding the pull side at all.
OH NO! I need this bike in a couple days! Nuts!
So this morning (Thursday) I called around and finally found a bike salvage place with boxes of old throttle grips. "Just bring in yours and we'll match it up."

Great. I did.

But of course on the day I wanted to be packing the bike and getting ready to go I had several customers calling and I ended up working until 7 this evening.

So now it's 2 am and I'm finally finished putting the new throttle grip on, got the gear all packed on the bike, and I'm eating dinner.

Somehow I don't think we're gonna make the early morning start I was hoping for tomorrow.

Dang.

Indianawantsme

Getting rearended sucks.  

I hope to leave here by 9am and 220 miles 4hrs be there.  

Halfling

Carl is practicing for NASR 12!!!

20180914_081207.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Halfling

Here safe yesterday at 4:30 PM and camp set up. I had an audience but I wouldn't let anyone help! Wanted the practice! Great night's sleep, nice and cool night. Days gonna be hot though. Great breakfast by Beth, Jack and Carl!!!

20180914_083123.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mysticfour

A couple pictures of the bike 

20180914_112739.jpg

Mysticfour

20180914_112724.jpg

AaronzDad

Dang. At first glance the damage doesn't look too bad... but then it's obvious there's more serious structural damage done.
That's sad to see.

Hopefully everyone is doing well today.

AaronzDad

We're finally ready to head south.

Only four or five hours past our target time.
ETA probably around 7 or 8

Mysticfour

I took Bike and Dennis advise from other forums and called the Law Tigers, just waiting on a callback from the attorney now, no experience with this so I want to get it done right and get what I should, hate to go this route but feel its the right thing to do

AaronzDad

That's excellent advice.

I have a couple friends who are attorneys and I've been through a few serious accident incidences myself and I can tell you, you always always always need an attorney. The insurance companies don't take anyone else seriously. 

Do some shopping around and find a law firm with a good reputation that deals with accident settlements. Beware the ambulance chasers. 

Halfling

Dinner at the Garage in Clinton, good times with good friends!

20180914_191252.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

pwhoever

I guess Kiptap didnt think there was enough excitement going on...

20180915_132216.jpg

20180915_132213.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Indianawantsme

Made it to the party ok so Rowena was happy.  About 500 miles round trip.  Glad you guys could see me.  

Beautiful day until it got up to 93F.  

• Like 6

kamikaze84

Made it home safe n sound thanks for an awesome weekend. Thanks to Beth and Jack for all the great food and also to Mark and Michelle for them famous cookies n brownies. 

• Like 3

Kar650

Made it home couple stops in Pontiac and Dwight Illinois. Thanks everyone for a great weekend.

Karl

• Like 3

Monkeytrucker

Estella and I made it home in one piece (think, two old people in a tiny car) and got the camper set up so we can clean it.  Went to put the tonneau cover on and found a mouse nest inside with a nice mouse opening in the side of the cover.....  

It was a wonderful 3 nights and 4 days of being with old friends and new friends.  Drooled over Mike's, John's trikes and Paul's white 2018 wing.  However we drooled more over the great meal Beth & Jack plus others put on the table Saturday evening.  There was the cookies and fudge that Michelle and Mark brought.  Was great to see Jim come down from the land of EH? again.  Then their was Grace, who is from the Philippines and she brought Dave with her.  That made this event REALLY and international event.

John & Nancy with their customized rig, well that was a 2 hour entertainment watching John work out the bugs in his design while all were giving him suggestions about changing things.  The list could go on forever, Ken/Karl (who was trying to confuse me with which name he was using this year) Daniel (who was very happy Saturday night), Don (who supplied the vessels for the navy), Carl (the breakfast chef), Steve (with his one wheel trailer), THEN Rod and Donna showed up in their little Winnebago Brave 12" motor home (not really but those there will attest to their grand entrance).

Photo of the event will be up some time hopefully yet today.  Have to modify the group photos to see who we can catch making the rudest gestures or in a compromising position and get the title worked out.

Glad to hear Ronnie and his bride survived being rear ended.  Glad to hear others reporting in their safe arrivals home.

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

IMG_5017.JPG

• Like 3

Monkeytrucker
Just now, Monkeytrucker said:

IMG_5017.JPG

photo by "the Bride, Estella"

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

One of the funniest times of the event was late Saturday evening.  A young lady who had worked hard during the day and previous day decided to turn in about 10:30 p.m.  About time she was ready to nod off, a horn blasted a couple times.  Out she came thinking her vehicle was being broken into (???).  When she was about back into her comfortable abode the horn went off again.  So again she made the trip out.  Every time she would turn the horn would go off again.  She kept telling a certain person to stop using his key fob to blow the horn.  Then she was close enough to hear it was not coming from her vehicle but from a motorcycle next to them.  She instantly knew who was messing with her and she hollered out "DONKEY HOLE"  (not the true word but you get the idea) and campsites for a quarter mile went silent.  Then the laughter started.  Some Chicago joker was the target of her wraith.  

Just one of the funny jokes that were played over the weekend but it was probably the best.

• Haha 2

Monkeytrucker

Photos, no particular order, sorry if we missed anyone

IMG_4998.JPG

IMG_4991.JPG

IMG_4981.JPG

IMG_4956.JPG

IMG_5027.JPG

IMG_5007.JPG

IMG_5035.JPG

IMG_4966.JPG

IMG_4968.JPG

IMG_4990.JPG

IMG_4993.JPG

IMG_4984.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4964.JPG

IMG_4995.JPG

IMG_4959.JPG

IMG_4969.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG

• Like 3
  • Love 1

rcameron

Thanks for the pictures, Gary!

Galaxyhunter

Good luck  Mikey.  :angel-praying-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

pwhoever

I forgot to post when I got home. I made it around 2:30. I was a little shocked when I stumbled out of my camper and the loop was practically vacant. I had planned on saying goodbye to everyone before heading out but most were gone already. I guess I shouldn't have stayed up until 4 a.m. I just want to thank Jack, Beth, Carl to name a few but also everyone who showed up and made it another successful gathering.

And it was nice getting in one last trip for the season. For those that know, I will try and post an update as soon as I can. Probably wont be til end of week but I expect everything to go smoothly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mysticfour

Glad everyone had fun, just wish I could have been there, hopefully next year as long as I get a bike back

• Like 2