Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Monkeytrucker

NAGF 6th Annual Illinois M&G Sep 14 - 16, 2018

175 posts in this topic Last Reply

erwjww

Reconfirmed our confirmation at Teds.  We are still on for fri nite at 6:00 pm.   They are having a happy hour featuring Geritol shots for the old timers.   You guys gotta keep them iron levels up. Lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

JGL351

Can I take you up on the offer of sharing #13 ? I should be arriving mid afternoon on Friday.

• Yay 1

erwjww

Good to hear Jim.   Was wondering about you.  Beth and I reserved 14 just to have control and you can squat there. 

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker
5 hours ago, JGL351 said:

Can I take you up on the offer of sharing #13 ? I should be arriving mid afternoon on Friday.

Jim, I think Mystic is going to be on there but if you remember site 13 it is huge and if I remember correctly we had 3 on there last year with no problem.  I understand we will not have the same host but the big shot drove thru there a few times and just smiled and said "Thanks but no, I have to keep going' when we offered him coffee or etc..  A little of that Canadian juice and he would have set up his own tent.  As they say, the more the merrier.  Will be great seeing you again this year.  I am sure there will be somewhere you can set anchor.

Monkeytrucker
2 hours ago, erwjww said:

Good to hear Jim.   Was wondering about you.  Beth and I reserved 14 just to have control and you can squat there. 

I got the notification from Jim and missed your post Jack.  Sounds like everything is hunky doorey.  

Mysticfour

Yes, I am still planning to be there

• Like 2

Ghost Rider 2

Ronnie you have not came over and bought camper yet.

Mysticfour

Can't afford to right now,  wife loved the Aspen that monkeytrucker has and insists that's what we are going to get. Only way to even sway her would be for her to be able to see another set up maybe 

Monkeytrucker
6 hours ago, Mysticfour said:

Yes, I am still planning to be there

Great, maybe we can hide several Aspen campers behind your 40' motor home. 

donald duck laughing GIF

JGL351

Thanks , Jack and Gary, we can figure it out when I get there.

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

2 WEEKS FROM TODAY MANY OF US WILL BE ROLLING IN A DAY EARLY TO THE 6TH ANNUAL ILLINOIS NAGF MEET AND GREET.  It is hard to believe that 6 years ago Jack said "Let's meet in the middle and have an eyeball to eyeball" and the first event snowballed into an annual event.  Under the volunteered guidance of Rod "BUCKFARRAK" Rusher the event grew to where it is today, a major weekend on a Gold Wing riders year.  This year Jack and Beth are taking the reigns and Saturday nights meal is going to be great.  Friday night we all ride into Clinton to have an evening meal in a great restaurant that has fantastic fried fish among other things.  Usually there are rides for those who would like to see the sights.  Hope to see old faces and new faces there.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Only 10 days till we all start arriving at Clinton Lake.

Great time with great old and new friends.  This NAGF IL M&G has never failed to be fantastic.

Looks like Estella and I might be taking a little detour on the way home.  Up to Stickney, IL to look at a Labrador dog.  It is a 5-6 year old rescued dog.  Will make a long days drive but a new friend might be good.

Galaxyhunter
57 minutes ago, Monkeytrucker said:

Only 10 days till we all start arriving at Clinton Lake.

Great time with great old and new friends.  This NAGF IL M&G has never failed to be fantastic.

Looks like Estella and I might be taking a little detour on the way home.  Up to Stickney, IL to look at a Labrador dog.  It is a 5-6 year old rescued dog.  Will make a long days drive but a new friend might be good.

I had a Lab in my teenage days.  The nice thing about a Lab,  He will be able to retrieve you when you get lost.   :roflmao:

Monkeytrucker
4 hours ago, Galaxyhunter said:

I had a Lab in my teenage days.  The nice thing about a Lab,  He will be able to retrieve you when you get lost.   :roflmao:

And this one supposedly has some Chesapeake Bay Retriever in him.  The Nor'easter part might demand a dory to go out into the pond.  One big problem is that the Rescue people want $250 to adopt.  If they do not take an IOU until we get the insurance crap settled we are hurting.  Both of us do not get our SS checks until the 12th.  Those companies tend to let you hang until they think you are tired of putting up with them and give in to a lower amount.  

When the tree fell on my shop and mower our grass was 18" tall and the adjuster was catching flack from his superiors about the many bad comments on their web page.  Only problem is now they do not have an open comments section.  We won and came out about even on replacement value personal property and by having our grandson rebuild the roof for a nice healthy donation to his college costs we were not hurt too bad there.  And he did a fantastic job.  Got looking today on flea-bay at some of the hubcaps I had collected years ago and saw sold.  I saw my 30s Plymouth caps and those were sold for $30 a pop.  But I am sure the ins. co. will find them for $0.50.  Did I say I hate FRICKEN insurance adjusters!

Galaxyhunter

Preliminary forecast looks pretty good.

M-G-1.jpg

• Yay 1

Monkeytrucker

Don't JINX it Carl.

I hope it is just like predicted.  As a kid we listened to St. Louis radio because it seemed like their weather was what we got on the other side of IL.  With the multitude of different weather models today they seem to be a lot more accurate.  

I think I can accurately predict there will be no hurricanes or typhoons while we are there.  

Estella and I were in Gulfport, MS and woke up to light rain and trawlers headed to port.  We checked out of the beach front motel and drove to Stennis Spaceport.  Took the tour in the rain.  When we got home that evening we heard about Hurricane Danny hitting the coast.  We had thought about buying a place there.  The one we looked at was not there a couple days after we looked at it.

rcameron

Well, this has been the year from He**, Scuse my french.....

Long story short Cindy and I are still in Villa Park, Illinois dealing with her Aunt. Been trying to get her moved down state to Quincy, Ill to a nursing home. Just when we finally get all paperwork, house listed, house pretty well cleaned out, ready to take her south, she has a heart "episode" and is now in the hospital, running tests..... don't know when we will make the move or IF...... but, there is no way we are getting out of here back to Kansas (been gone a month) take care of business at home and be back in Illinois next weekend.

Site 15 is bought and paid for so anybody needing a site........ have at it!!

Any prayers will be greatly appreciated and hate that we have to miss another gathering of our Goldwing family.

Thanks everyone and have a grand time!!

• Sad 4

Halfling

So sorry you are having complications with taking care of your family member Rex. You will both be missed around the campfire!

erwjww
3 hours ago, rcameron said:

Well, this has been the year from He**, Scuse my french.....

Long story short Cindy and I are still in Villa Park, Illinois dealing with her Aunt. Been trying to get her moved down state to Quincy, Ill to a nursing home. Just when we finally get all paperwork, house listed, house pretty well cleaned out, ready to take her south, she has a heart "episode" and is now in the hospital, running tests..... don't know when we will make the move or IF...... but, there is no way we are getting out of here back to Kansas (been gone a month) take care of business at home and be back in Illinois next weekend.

Site 15 is bought and paid for so anybody needing a site........ have at it!!

Any prayers will be greatly appreciated and hate that we have to miss another gathering of our Goldwing family.

Thanks everyone and have a grand time!!

Sorry to hear that Rex.  You and Cindy Lou will be greatly missed.  Prayers coming your way for your aunt.  Hope everything works out for the best.   

• Like 1

RHalbur

Sorry to hear? Hope things turn out okay. Prayers going your way.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Rex, if life ever went like we planned we would be looking to see what alternate world we were in.  Best wishes to you and Cindy and her Aunt.

Family comes first and that is almost written in stone.

Estella and I are sending best wishes.

Parman

Dang Rex sorry to hear about the issues you and Cindi are having. I hope all works out well.

I'm only a stones throw away from Villa Park if you need anything. PM me if you need anything. Even if it to just go have a drink/eat and unwind for a short period.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

• Like 1

Ghost Rider 2

Just a heads up to everyone coming.  Blue tarp ground cover will be great item to bring.  Central Illinois is getting major rain right now.  Forecast for next weekend is great, but the ground may not be completely dried out. 

Galaxyhunter

Jerry, Thanks for the heads up.:thumbs-up:

Monkeytrucker

We have them in the camper and "The Bride" carries at least one still in it's pkg. in the back of the Fiat.  She says "you never know when you will need to have one in an earthquake."

undefined