Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
AZgl1800

Hosting PIctures

1 post in this topic Last Reply

AZgl1800

most of you already know that Photobucket is now charging a minimum of $1.35/day paid annually to allow you to see, or link to your own pictures.

we paid the price in the beginning when we gave them "Ownership of that picture" the instant that it is uploaded , it does not belong to you any more.

We typically take a picture and upload it somewhere w/o renaming the picture on our computer before we uploaded it to a host "somewhere".  so now, we have 100s of threads in our forums that are full of a huge glaring Photobuck image stating you can't have that....

so, how long would it take for you to go through every thread you posted on for the last ten years, and try to find that one picture that you forgot to rename.

oh, here it is, it is named

2006-11-15 Sony 12345555888

real definitive huh?

I have 3 separate 1 tb hard drives of backup files, that "maybe" have a picture that I need, but they are all just randomly scattered around the on the drives, not in special folders named for a project, just a bulk folder that is creatively named "Pictures" or "Camera" as mine is.

So, it is advisable from now on that we all store our pictures at home, in a manner that we can find them again.

and on the forums, Puhleaze upload them to an Album that you have created on that forum with a name relative to the photo project.  this way you can find it again w/o trying to find that one post, in a long ago forgotten thread.

by always storing the forum photos on the forum, they will always be there as long as that forum lives.

Even if all you do is upload the picture to that individual post as an Attachment, that is immensely better than depending on an outside of the forum picture host....

I will never again, use a webhost for pictures, burned once their fault, burned twice, my fault.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,