Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
DougW

Which Campground?

31 posts in this topic Last Reply

DougW

There were 2 campgrounds mentioned in the notes about the upcoming NASR 2018. 

In looking at them on the mapping software it appears the one further away, Campshore, down along the river has nice sites and some that have plenty of grass.  For those of us with Toy Haulers or Motor Homes there is no sewage.  It is about a 20 minute ride to get to the motel for the activities.

The one closer to the motel, Indian Springs, looks to have only a few sites with enough grass for the tents or the smaller pop up (Aspen style) campers.

I am curious as to which campground most people plan to use or if one or the other is going to be designated as the primary campground.

• Like 1

AZgl1800

I looked into that also, and decided the Toy Hauler trailer is staying home,

I am pulling the m/c trailer with the 1800 on it.  and staying in the hotel.

I don't want to be parked 20 miles away from where everyone gathers in the evenings, and impromptu "hey, let's go to ............... "

brianinpa

I'm in a tent so I'm going with the Campshore Campground.  I don't like camping close to an Interstate and I-275 is too close AND, Indian Springs does not permit tent camping.

Green Dragon

Maureen and I will be staying at the motel. Home is 15 miles away. The restaurant for Tuesday and Thursday dinners is next door to the motel. We will have the Thursday evening auction at the motel, outside, under a tent.  At $60.00 a night for the motel it is a no brainer for us. Just sayin’!

Jeffrey

winger77
On 12/12/2017 at 8:38 AM, brianinpa said:

I'm in a tent so I'm going with the Campshore Campground.  I don't like camping close to an Interstate and I-275 is too close AND, Indian Springs does not permit tent camping.

I’m feeling like you Brian,, not real fond of hearing heavy traffic through the night. Suppose to hear Bull Frogs and crickets when camping.  And we would be using the tent this time instead of the Time Out camper. 

Halfling

I'm leaning towards "Campshore" myself. I'll be giving them a call this coming week to see what's available.

• Like 2

winger77
On 2/4/2018 at 9:38 AM, Halfling said:

I'm leaning towards "Campshore" myself. I'll be giving them a call this coming week to see what's available.

Great!!!!! We will be neighbors,,,, what time is breakfast :happy:

• Like 1

Green Dragon

Campshore would be my choice, if you are not staying at the hotel. $60.00 a night at the hotel is a pretty good price.  Don't forget to "buy" your dinners at Maverick's Fire Water Grill and "T" shirts.

Wingerpeg
(edited)
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎03 at 2:05 PM, winger77 said:

I’m feeling like you Brian,, not real fond of hearing heavy traffic through the night. Suppose to hear Bull Frogs and crickets when camping.  And we would be using the tent this time instead of the Time Out camper. 

Dave & Ronnie - Why are you tenting rather than campering?  The way you guys pack, you need the camper and a cargo.  Plus this is just down the street from you.  Trying to be Tenter Trash rather than Trailer Trash.  Also get on the attendee list, I got people freaking you're not signed up yet.  :puzzled-smiley-emoticon:

Edited by Wingerpeg

brianinpa

And what's wrong with being tenter trash... :Face-Angry-Sm:

AZgl1800

I'm just trailer trash, the WxChannel seems to think I better drive the Suburban and trailer the bike :pwnburn:

FWIW, the Suburban now has a COLD A/C unit.... just a small pittance to pay for that, say my whole SS check :startle:

jobe05
11 minutes ago, AZgl1800 said:

just a small pittance to pay for that, say my whole SS check

Where do you get A/C work done for $3 ....?? 

Green Dragon

As for camping, in my book, the only place to stay is Campshore. Two campers/tents per site, on the Ohio River, quiet except for the crickets, frogs and campers. The other camp site does not allow tents. They prefer motor homes with all the generators to run the big screen TV's. Just sayin".

Galaxyhunter

Has anybody made their reservations yet, or paired up with another member?  If so, Which campsite do you have?

Green Dragon

There are several that have said they are staying at Camp Shore. If you go to the reservation/store page, it lists where people are staying.

DougW

I just made a reservation at Campshore.  He is not assigning site numbers.  Tim said the weather may dictate where he puts us.  He also said the majority of the sites are seasonal people who won't be around during the week so it should be nice and quiet for us.

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

I Just called & Reserved a spot.

brianinpa

I guess it is getting to be time to do that!

Green Dragon

Better late than never!

Green Dragon

Have you gone to the "STORE" on line to purchase meals, "T" shirts, Patches, etc?

• Like 1

DougW
10 hours ago, Green Dragon said:

Have you gone to the "STORE" on line to purchase meals, "T" shirts, Patches, etc?

Went to the store, clicked on NASR 1 Items, only things that come up are T-Shirt and Patch.  No meals or anything else.

Green Dragon

Yes, I am working on that. Seems to be a communication issue.

winger77

Yeah,,,, I’ve been holding off on ordering till the meals are available, so I’d only have to do it once. But I do want to be sure to get the T-shirts, so maybe it would be wise to order them,, and then pay for meals “at the door”.

As for reserving a camp spot, I should get that done also. 

brianinpa
5 hours ago, winger77 said:

Yeah,,,, I’ve been holding off on ordering till the meals are available, so I’d only have to do it once. But I do want to be sure to get the T-shirts, so maybe it would be wise to order them,, and then pay for meals “at the door”.

As for reserving a camp spot, I should get that done also. 

Why do today what can be put off till tomorrow?

brianinpa

I got a spot...  didnt need to pay up front or give a credit card number.  Just asked to call if I am not going to make it.  I like working with places like that.