Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Halfling

Trailer For Camper AND Trike

32 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

SUPER DUTY DUTY ASPEN CLASSIC TRAILER.  We pulled our loaded Aspen classic on the scales at Ambraw Asphalt  just to see what our loaded road weight was?  2200 pounds and I have lost 26.

AZgl1800

I suspect all of our trailers and bikes are heavier than we think.

I wish that I had found some scales while pulling my Toy Hauler to/from Colorado.... the tare weight on it is 7700, suspect there is about half that much loaded inside :roflmao:

Monkeytrucker

One can figure that a 1800 with accessories and what ever one has in the trunk or panniers is 1,000 lbs.  Actually more because the listed weight is dry.  Then we put our big arse american bodies on and average would be probably 1200-1300 lbs.  Then you put your rider up and maybe we are between 1400-1500 lbs.  Then put a Aspen Classic with a 5,000 btu A/C unit, food stocks, bedding, chairs, water bottles to balance the trailer that has a cooler on the tongue with 20 lb of ice and what you want to cook over 5 days and  Shazam, you are at 2100-2200 lbs.

However the funny thing is that the Gold Wing going down the highway at that weight does not feel heavy.  It will accelerate with most of those noisy things and beat them to the next stoplight.  

Not long after we got the 1800 Estella wanted to go to a garden store about 40 miles away and buy some plants.  So we hooked the power wheel trailer on behind the bike as she knew she would buy a couple flats of plants.  We got 3 flats of plants and took a different route home.  OMG, the farm store had potting soil and top soil at half price.  So she bought 10 of each.  When we went to have the guy load those 40 lb bags he said they were sitting where the rain water collected.  So he loaded 20 sopping wet bags that he could barely lift and stacked them in the trailer.  We figured there was at least 1200 lbs in that trailer.  The 1800 barely knew it was behind it.  Of course I did not practice any panic stops.

Halfling

OK, this project is going to move forward now. My 12 footer FINALLY sold and I just picked up my new 16 footer dual axle trailer with brakes and removable gate/ramp. I think I'll start a project post in the Aspen section for anyone that is interested in following along. I'd like to have it ready enough for a trial run up to the IL M&G in a few weeks. We'll see.

Monkeytrucker
3 minutes ago, Halfling said:

OK, this project is going to move forward now. My 12 footer FINALLY sold and I just picked up my new 16 footer dual axle trailer with brakes and removable gate/ramp. I think I'll start a project post in the Aspen section for anyone that is interested in following along. I'd like to have it ready enough for a trial run up to the IL M&G in a few weeks. We'll see.

Put the car and the camper on the trailer and pull it with your trike.  Well at least fake all of the HD riders out with a photo of that combination.  

very funny lol GIF

Halfling

I told Nancy it's going to be a poor man's RV!

Halfling

pics

2018-08-15_18-23-03.png

2018-08-15_18-24-47.png

• Like 2